The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:57 PM

Increase area of drag and drop to bag

Hi,

I'm trying to increase the area of the bag to drag and drop products into it. Currently it only accepts products in certain areas, mostly the right hand side of it only, if you pull it a bit to the left and let it go, it won't add it to the bag.

here is a video about it - you will see that the background of the bag area changes to light green/blue (meaning it will accept the product) only on certain areas (can't paste store URL as it's not live yet and am testing offline using XAMPP):

http://tinypic.com/r/4tuid4/5

Could you please help me making the area bigger or simply to set it properly?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers,
covershopper web admin
Old 11-14-2011, 05:55 PM

The minicart in Ecwid accepts the dragged product as soon as the mouse pointer gets within the minicart widget frame. Ecwid takes care of such deeply technical things automatically, you don't have to set it.

However, on the video in your post I can clearly see that the drop accept area is somehow shifted. Most probably it is some other element on your website (a transparent, but probably absolutely positioned one, maybe your site's menu) that obscures the minicart widget and iinfluences the way it handles the dragging in. Unfortunately, it is hard to tell the exact reason for that without seeing the actual page, so I'd appreciate if you publish a preview of your site somehow fro inspection.

If it is not possible, the first thing I can advise now is to inspect the left part of the minicart widget - in Chrome (or Firefox with installed Firebug extension) right click the leftmost part of minicart, choose Inspect element from the menu and see which element is actually picked up (most probably, it will be not the minicart container, but something other). This element then has to be assigned the correct position or z-index so it doesn't overlap the minicart.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:42 PM

Hi Eugene,

Well, yeah, I know I asked a question that won't be easy to respond, actually I thought this is the default size of the area and I may just miss something or there is a specific id or class responsible only for this.

To cut things short, as I'm using wordpress, I applied a different (blank) theme and the drop area filled the entire minicart. So indeed, like you said, the issue was coming from the site's (probably the other template's) style settings, but it's so complex, that I can't be bothered to find it, so I'll just go with the blank template.

Thanks anyway for taking time to answer my question.

Have a great day!

Cheers,
ben

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
area, bag, drag and drop, increase, minicart