The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:34 PM

Such good news! Thank you for your awesome work Tony. Maybe you`ll slip on your to-do list the possibility to show random products only from a particular category of products. That will be helpful.
I wish you a pleasant week
Old 04-24-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comanda View Post
Such good news! Thank you for your awesome work Tony. Maybe you`ll slip on your to-do list the possibility to show random products only from a particular category of products. That will be helpful.
I wish you a pleasant week
Yes, it will be added as well, but after the cache. Basically, the cache will give a possibility to add this feature. Stay tuned and thank you for such kindest words! I do appreciate them!

Have a nice!
Old 04-25-2012, 02:33 AM

Default Trouble using random product feature

Ecwid, love your shopping cart plugin. It's excellent! I'm trying to implement the random products widget on the right side of my page. The good news is that the widget properly displays where I want it. The problem is that I don't know how to get the products in my store to display. Currently it's showing Ecwid samples I believe. Where do I go to associate my products to the widget? Thanks again!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:07 AM

@Brent Stevens
Could you give me a link to your WP, so I could see the problem?
Thank you.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:06 PM

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your email. Here's a link: http://whub25.webhostinghub.com/~bab...brity-athlete/

In the left nav column at the bottom it says, "BR Store Featured Item"
Old 04-25-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Stevens View Post
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your email. Here's a link: http://whub25.webhostinghub.com/~bab...brity-athlete/

In the left nav column at the bottom it says, "BR Store Featured Item"
It looks like the product appears correctly:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0a949f37d

Could you try to clear the browser's cache up and reload the page?
Old 04-25-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift View Post
As a hotfix, try to edit the following script
* wp-content/plugins/ecwid-useful-tools/ecwid-random-products.php

and replace there the following piece of code:
Code:
define ('CORE_ECWID_PLUGIN', 'ecwid-shopping-cart/ecwid-shopping-cart.php');
with the next one:

Code:
define ('CORE_ECWID_PLUGIN', 'ecwid-shopping-cart/ecwid-shopping-cart.php');
require_once ( ABSPATH . 'wp-content/plugins/' . CORE_ECWID_PLUGIN);
Please, let me know if it fixes the problem.

New release will come in a week or so and the fix will be included into new build as well.
hi the change made my whole site crash

Warning: require_once(/hermes/waloraweb030/b293/moo.swimbikerunph/wp-content/plugins/ecwid-shopping-cart/ecwid-shopping-cart.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/waloraweb030/b293/moo.swimbikerunph/wp-content/plugins/ecwid-useful-tools/ecwid-random-products.php on line 13

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/hermes/waloraweb030/b293/moo.swimbikerunph/wp-content/plugins/ecwid-shopping-cart/ecwid-shopping-cart.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/waloraweb030/b293/moo.swimbikerunph/wp-content/plugins/ecwid-useful-tools/ecwid-random-products.php on line 13

unfortunately as much as i'd love to upgrade to the newest upgrade, since it requires the latest version of wordpress i cant
Old 04-25-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos De Guzman View Post
hi the change made my whole site crash

Warning: require_once(/hermes/waloraweb030/b293/moo.swimbikerunph/wp-content/plugins/ecwid-shopping-cart/ecwid-shopping-cart.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/waloraweb030/b293/moo.swimbikerunph/wp-content/plugins/ecwid-useful-tools/ecwid-random-products.php on line 13

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/hermes/waloraweb030/b293/moo.swimbikerunph/wp-content/plugins/ecwid-shopping-cart/ecwid-shopping-cart.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/waloraweb030/b293/moo.swimbikerunph/wp-content/plugins/ecwid-useful-tools/ecwid-random-products.php on line 13

unfortunately as much as i'd love to upgrade to the newest upgrade, since it requires the latest version of wordpress i cant
This error message means that you do not have the core Ecwid: Shopping Cart plugin installed in your WP.

In order to recover your WP from this crash, you need to remove/rename the <wordpress-dir>/wp-content/plugins/ecwid-useful-tools/ folder. After that the Random Products will be automatically disabled and it will recover your Wordpress. Finally you will be able to install new version of Random Products plugin that already has this issue fixed.

Note: make sure that the following plugin installed in your WP:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...shopping-cart/

If not, please install it, because otherwise Random Products will not work.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:59 PM

Hi Tony! (sorry just noticed your sig)

I currently have my shop working a-ok. but you're right I dont have the ecwid plugin installed.

I think my shop is hosted at ecwid and i'm just using the shortcut to make it show on the page

Here is the direct link to my shop

http://www.swimbikerun.ph/2012/03/sbr-ph-shop/

I understand though that you want me to install the ecwid plugin.

My concern is would that conflict with my current shop? There'd be no double install issues or anything?

Last edited by Carlos De Guzman; 04-25-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos De Guzman View Post
Hi Tony! (sorry just noticed your sig)

I currently have my shop working a-ok. but you're right I dont have the ecwid plugin installed.

I think my shop is hosted at ecwid and i'm just using the shortcut to make it show on the page

Here is the direct link to my shop

I understand though that you want me to install the ecwid plugin.

My concern is would that conflict with my current shop? There'd be no double install issues or anything?
First of all, happy to hear the problem with WP is resolved.

As far as I see, your Ecwid shop is a part of WP's post. Generally, Ecwid is better to place on some WP's page. It will be easier for your customers to find it in this case.

So, in order to use Random Products, I would suggest

1) Installing Ecwid Shopping Cart plugin. After that you will have two instances of Ecwid store. One will be here:

Another will be on the page that will be created when you will install Ecwid Shopping Cart plugin.

2) It is better to remove Ecwid from here:

Although it is not necessarily, two instances of the shop will confuse your customers. Then you should adjust the link SPR.PH Shop marked on the snapshot:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0204afb69

and point it to the page created by Ecwid Shopping Cart plugin.

3) Finally, you can safely use Ecwid: Random Products plugin.

If there are any questions, you are welcome to ask.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ecwid, plugin, products, random, random products, random products plugin, stylesheet, wordpress