The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:45 PM

ECWID for Germany and Italy

I think that ECWID is incompatible for both italian and german law.

Sadly I was so messed up that I realized all this after I set up a good looking shop

- there is no invoice number on the invoices (invoice template s***s extremely): I should manually edit every invoice to add it.
- tax shows up in a non-common way for both countries: I should "hide" the Taxes and give products the price=price+tax without using the tax functionality. But if the invoice doesn't show any tax, than the invoice is illegal in both countries

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Greenthink; 01-23-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

We try to develop Ecwid to be a universal cart that can be used in any country. There're features that varies from country to country, such as shipping, taxes. When adding one, we always consider how it'll be used in different countries and try to make it working for all if possible.
We want to have Ecwid compatible with EU countries, and of course we don't want it to conflict with any laws. So your feedback on how this or that feature must look like or function according to a law is always welcome.

Quote:
- there is no invoice number on the invoices (invoice template s***s extremely): I should manually edit every invoice to add it.
Presently Ecwid includes order numbers into invoices. As I understand, it's necessary to have a separate id/number for invoice as well, right? Please, clarify the following points:
- how the invoice numbers should look like
- where it should be positioned in the invoice
- how it should be generated
- what invoices should have the ids: customers' invoices or those you get on Ecwid control panel, Sales page? Or both?

Quote:
- tax shows up in a non-common way for both countries: I should "hide" the Taxes and give products the price=price+tax without using the tax functionality. But if the invoice doesn't show any tax, than the invoice is illegal in both countries
Ecwid allows including taxes to product prices and doesn't show the tax rates on the product pages. For that you need to disable option 'Show included taxes on product details page' for the tax in Ecwid control panel, System Settings -> Taxes. In this case, the products pages will not display the tax rate. Customers will learn how much they're charged for the tax on the shopping bag page in 'Estimated tax' section, and the tax will be shown in the invoices.
If you need to hide 'Estimated tax' as well, so that customers can view the tax amount only in the invoices, you can hide the taxes at all via CSS. Please, refer to these articles:
How to remove tax line
How to remove "Shipping and tax are estimated for" section

If the taxes should work anyhow differently or the above solutions are not enough, please clarify.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 02-01-2013, 10:24 AM

Thumbs up

Indeed one of the major limitation of ECWID now is that it is not able to print a legally valid invoice in the EU.

The biggest problem is that on all B2B invoices we are required to print both the shop owner's VAT id and the client's VAT ID.

Unfortunately, Ecwid currently cannot automate that because we don't have any available field to ask the client's VAT ID at checkout.
(as a temporary workaround, we ask our customer to write that into the note field, but that does not allow to automate anything).

The same problem may arise in several EU countries (including Italy) for B2C transactions as well.
For certain goods, we must ask consumers (who don't have a VAT ID) their so called 'codice fiscale' that must be printed on the invoice to be a valid one.

I would reccomend Ecwid developers to read this:
http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs...le_1733_en.htm

Don't be scared, all you must read is paragraph 1.4.1

More than willing to help improve ECwid if we can
The Following User Says Thank You to Stefano Cazzani For This Useful Post:
Julian346 (12-11-2017)
Old 02-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefano Cazzani View Post
Indeed one of the major limitation of ECWID now is that it is not able to print a legally valid invoice in the EU.

The biggest problem is that on all B2B invoices we are required to print both the shop owner's VAT id and the client's VAT ID.

Unfortunately, Ecwid currently cannot automate that because we don't have any available field to ask the client's VAT ID at checkout.
(as a temporary workaround, we ask our customer to write that into the note field, but that does not allow to automate anything).

The same problem may arise in several EU countries (including Italy) for B2C transactions as well.
For certain goods, we must ask consumers (who don't have a VAT ID) their so called 'codice fiscale' that must be printed on the invoice to be a valid one.

I would reccomend Ecwid developers to read this:
http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs...le_1733_en.htm

Don't be scared, all you must read is paragraph 1.4.1

More than willing to help improve ECwid if we can
Hi,

Thanx for the details. As I mentioned in the previous message, because Ecwid is used in hundreds of countries with their own rules we are to develop a universal (or at least comfortable) solution. If for ex. we change the invoices to suit Italian laws, it might break, e.g., US laws.
So an obvious universal variant would be to allow customizing invoices or adding extra fields on checkout. This way sellers from Italy as well USA will be able to add any extra details to the invoices. The extra checkout fields are already on the way, please vote for it here:
http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...-customize-on-
and we'll notify when it's implemented.

For now I'd like to suggest the following ways to work this around:

1. To append your company's VAT number to the invoices, please use this solution:
How to add tax number to invoices

2. To make your customers leave their tax id, you can use an existing checkout field like 'Company':
In the Ecwid control panel, System Settings → General → Cart, enable the 'Ask for company name' option. This will enable the Company field in the address forms on the checkout.
Then you can rename this field into, say, 'VAT ID/codice fiscale' by using this method: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront
Additionally you can rename one more field, e.g., 'Address line 2'.
Thus there can be either one field 'VAT ID/codice fiscale' or two fields "VAT ID" and "Codice Fiscale (if no VAT)".

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 05-21-2013, 10:12 AM

Hi,
I have a problem. In my Ecwid, I can not enter the VAT code number or fiscal code, in Italy the order you need to enter by law VAT number or fiscal code. How do I resolve? Then how do I change the fields in the printed invoice?

Thanks

answer?

Last edited by Liza Savelyeva; 05-22-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Meduri1 View Post
Hi,
I have a problem. In my Ecwid, I can not enter the VAT code number or fiscal code, in Italy the order you need to enter by law VAT number or fiscal code. How do I resolve? Then how do I change the fields in the printed invoice?

Thanks

answer?

Please, refer to this post: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=76602#4
Old 05-30-2013, 07:38 AM

I tried the two solutions described here:
But I could not understand where to place the code.
put goes where, here:

http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/45810681/...20to%20invoice

http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront

Code here ??
Old 05-30-2013, 12:14 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntivirusOutlet.it View Post
I tried the two solutions described here:
But I could not understand where to place the code.
put goes where, here:

http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/45810681/...20to%20invoice

http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront

Code here ??

Hello,

Thank you for the screenshot.
The translation javascript code you are using is supposed to be added to the source code of the site page, where your Ecwid store is located, not to your custom CSS theme in Ecwid control panel.
Also, there is a syntactic error in the provided code, the comma after the last line of labels has to be removed. Here is the correct code you should use:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
ecwidMessages = {
"AddressForm.line2" : "Partiva IVA / C.F.",
"AddressForm.line2_tip" : "Inserire partita IVA o codice fiscale per fattura"
};
</script>

Please, remove the code from your custom CSS theme in your Ecwid control panel and insert the correct code I posted above to your site page where you added your Ecwid store - - http://www.antivirusoutlet.it/shop. After you make these changes the labels should be translated.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza Savelyeva View Post
Hello,

Thank you for the screenshot.
The translation javascript code you are using is supposed to be added to the source code of the site page, where your Ecwid store is located, not to your custom CSS theme in Ecwid control panel.
Also, there is a syntactic error in the provided code, the comma after the last line of labels has to be removed. Here is the correct code you should use:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
ecwidMessages = {
"AddressForm.line2" : "Partiva IVA / C.F.",
"AddressForm.line2_tip" : "Inserire partita IVA o codice fiscale per fattura"
};
</script>

Please, remove the code from your custom CSS theme in your Ecwid control panel and insert the correct code I posted above to your site page where you added your Ecwid store - - http://www.antivirusoutlet.it/shop. After you make these changes the labels should be translated.

thaks!!! work!!!

Then the logic is the same even if you wanted to change the colors of some written.
The code should always be in HTML on the web page before the code shop Ecwid

result:
Old 05-30-2013, 07:47 PM

grazie mille..domani provo a sistemarlo anche io!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.