The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:26 PM

Good day! We have been with Ecwid for quite a bit and plan on continuing, however, we have a brand new site being built from scratch opposed to our old network that support easy integration. The site builders are now asking for I quote " The details, username and API, all documents. Can you please tell me what I'm supposed to give them. Thank you.

Anyone?

Last edited by Makfruit; 11-15-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wholeness Store View Post
Good day! We have been with Ecwid for quite a bit and plan on continuing, however, we have a brand new site being built from scratch opposed to our old network that support easy integration. The site builders are now asking for I quote " The details, username and API, all documents. Can you please tell me what I'm supposed to give them. Thank you.

Anyone?
Hello,

To integrate your site to any web site, be it a custom-build website, CMS or a sitebuilder, you will only need to copy Ecwid integration codes from your control panel to that site. No APIs are needed for that. See also this video tutorial: http://vimeo.com/8169179

In case you need some specific integration, please elaborate on this a bit more, we will be glad to advise. Please also name the site building platform you use (if any) and quote the message you get from your developers.

Thank you.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 11-15-2013, 11:40 PM

Makfruit! Whats up, thanks for getting back with me. Again this is not my strong point so bare with me. What needs to be accomplish is we just need to use the processing part of Ecwid rather than the store itself. Is that possible? For instance there is a product here http://cubesquad.com/realm/reset-page.html we would like the person to click "add to the cart" and then it adds it to the cart on the site, all processing however will be done by Ecwid. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wholeness Store View Post
Makfruit! Whats up, thanks for getting back with me. Again this is not my strong point so bare with me. What needs to be accomplish is we just need to use the processing part of Ecwid rather than the store itself. Is that possible? For instance there is a product here http://cubesquad.com/realm/reset-page.html we would like the person to click "add to the cart" and then it adds it to the cart on the site, all processing however will be done by Ecwid. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Hello,

Thank you for the details.

I am afraid that would be quite a complicated solution to connect two shopping cart solutions so that one takes care of the cart and the other takes care of checkout. It would require a lot of custom programming. Moreover, with this approach, you will need to have two copies of your products in different control panels, which should surely be inconvenient, especially in case of inventory updates.

I would suggest another solution - if you want to keep the existing product page as is and add Ecwid checkout to it, you can add that product to your Ecwid store and use single product widget on that page (i.e. you will only need to put Ecwid's add to bag widget to that page and Ecwid will automatically deal with checkout as well). You can get an add to bag button code for some particular product in Ecwid store under the 'HTML' tab on the product management page. Screenshot: http://take.ms/3tlG3

Hope that will meet your requirements.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
api, intergration, site