The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
What is still not working for me- Right now I have my main shipping carrier as FedEx. I also have UPS selected and both of those rates are still NOT showing up in my shopping cart. This was the initial problem for me that the rates I had selected were not showing up in my cart. Please read the previous post or questions submitted to support to see more details. The fact that they then randomly de-selected themselves happened much later when the glitches started occurring.
FedEx isn't offered on checkout because of the FedEx settings in Ecwid control panel:
There's one FedEx service enabled - FedEx Ground, and setting "Ship to a residence" is turned on. Unfortunately FedEx Ground doesn't ship to a residence, this is a FedEx limit, please refer to http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/21204488/...shippingmethod
So you should disable "Ship to a residence" (in Ecwid control panel>System Settings>Shipping>"carrier-calculated" for FedEx>"Account details">"Settings"), or disable FedEx Ground and enable FedEx Home instead.

UPS Ground is shown to me, screenshot: http://d.pr/i/awA9 Could you specify the shipping address you're using?

Quote:
1) Making changes to an image in a category and, even though it was clearly saved, it then revering back to the previous image at a later time

2) Changes made to the description in a category that did the same thing - saved it but then it reverted.
I've played around with my test Ecwid, tested changing categories images and descriptions. All changes were saved and are still shown.
Please, let me know the following:
- name of the category where the image was reverted to previous one, or a link to this category in the store
- name of the category where the description was changed, or a link to this category in the store
- can you recall exactly what you were doing after you updated the images/descriptions? If there's a problem it should be revealed under certain conditions that we need to repeat.
Thank you!

Quote:
This issue has raised an important question for me that I searched for but did not see the answer to... Is there a way to back up my entire store beyond just exporting the products in a .csv file? This issue for has highlighted the importance of having this option to me as I have put many hours of work into my store beyond the .csv import and if that gets lost in some way I think I might jump off a bridge. :-o Ok, just kidding there, but it sure would hurt!
We do backup daily for you so you shouldn't worry about it. The backups contains all information about store: products lists, categories, orders, customers, etc. The data is securely stored on our Amazon servers.

If you need to retrieve some data, you can export orders, products and customers lists (more details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/61321037/...20store%20data).
One more way is to get store data into an external system using Ecwid APIs (http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/25232810/API)

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 10-18-2013, 10:41 PM

Hi Again Lana,
Well, the shipping seems to be working now. I promise you that I wrote my last post, it was not working. The only option showing up was the $0 call in option. None of the automated ones were working. They are there now for sure I am hoping this is the end of it. I do not remember the specific categories and changes I made that were causing the problem. It seems there were so many when I was working on my store that I could not keep track of them. Let's hope whatever you did in the back end fixed it.

If I continue to have problems I will be sure to begin keeping a log of exactly what I did, what time, etc... :-)

Ok, thank you again for your support. I am going offline until Sunday hope whoever reads this is enjoying their week-end.

Blessings,

~ Antonio ~
Old 10-21-2013, 04:16 AM

Ok, well that did not take long... I just got back to working on my site and already, another bug. In some strange way it again seems to be related to the shipping settings but at the same time not directly... This is feeling very frustrating for me because if I have to start becoming "Ecwid's bug reporter", that is not a job a signed up for and is not a sustainable situation for me. I am also very open minded and am willing to continue to try for a while some trouble shooting just to make sure it is not something I am doing on my end.

So, here IN DETAIL is a new BUG that happened for me in the short 30 minutes I was working on my site...

11:54PM EST
- I entered a new discount in the promotion area of my store.
- It was for products $1000 or more and I offered a 10% off the total.
- I then tested it in my cart and it worked fine.
- I went back into my settings and then went into the shipping settings to continue to work on shipping options.
- I re-ordered my shipping options.
- I then also selected the "ship to residence" option for my "Ground Shipping" option which is really FedEx Home Delivery but i have it labelled differently.
- I then went to check my cart again to see how the new shipping methods propagated. They all worked fine BUT THE $10% DISCOUNT DISAPPEARED in the cart (yes I had over $1000 of products in the cart).
- I went back to the promotion / discount control panel to check and sure enough the discount I had entered and saved and confirmed in my cart was now gone!!!

So, I am not sure why changing something in my shipping settings would affect the promotions area, but that is what happened.

Again, these are the kinds of bugs I experienced last Thursday when working on my store. Random edits I had made were "un-doing" themselves once subsequent changes were made in unrelated areas.

I am leaving my settings as they are in this moment. I am NOT re-adding the promotion again until I hear from you. I beg of you to PLEASE look into this further because, as I stated in previous posts, I am suspecting there may be a larger bug happening in your system that has not bee found or addressed.

Thank You,

~ Antonio ~
Old 10-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Antonio View Post
Ok, well that did not take long... I just got back to working on my site and already, another bug. In some strange way it again seems to be related to the shipping settings but at the same time not directly... This is feeling very frustrating for me because if I have to start becoming "Ecwid's bug reporter", that is not a job a signed up for and is not a sustainable situation for me. I am also very open minded and am willing to continue to try for a while some trouble shooting just to make sure it is not something I am doing on my end.

So, here IN DETAIL is a new BUG that happened for me in the short 30 minutes I was working on my site...

11:54PM EST
- I entered a new discount in the promotion area of my store.
- It was for products $1000 or more and I offered a 10% off the total.
- I then tested it in my cart and it worked fine.
- I went back into my settings and then went into the shipping settings to continue to work on shipping options.
- I re-ordered my shipping options.
- I then also selected the "ship to residence" option for my "Ground Shipping" option which is really FedEx Home Delivery but i have it labelled differently.
- I then went to check my cart again to see how the new shipping methods propagated. They all worked fine BUT THE $10% DISCOUNT DISAPPEARED in the cart (yes I had over $1000 of products in the cart).
- I went back to the promotion / discount control panel to check and sure enough the discount I had entered and saved and confirmed in my cart was now gone!!!

So, I am not sure why changing something in my shipping settings would affect the promotions area, but that is what happened.

Again, these are the kinds of bugs I experienced last Thursday when working on my store. Random edits I had made were "un-doing" themselves once subsequent changes were made in unrelated areas.

I am leaving my settings as they are in this moment. I am NOT re-adding the promotion again until I hear from you. I beg of you to PLEASE look into this further because, as I stated in previous posts, I am suspecting there may be a larger bug happening in your system that has not bee found or addressed.

Thank You,

~ Antonio ~
Hi,

Thank you for the detailed report.
I've tried to repeat your steps: created a discount (at Promotion>Discounts), checked it was working OK, then changed shipping setup, then checked back the discount. It remained there and working.

We're going to closely examine your store records to find out what happened to your discount setup. I'll keep you posted.

Quote:
Well, the shipping seems to be working now. I promise you that I wrote my last post, it was not working. The only option showing up was the $0 call in option. None of the automated ones were working. They are there now for sure I am hoping this is the end of it.
With online shipping, the rates are calculated by the carriers (like UPS). So your store sends a request to UPS, who replies with rates and services corresponding to these order details. The rates can depend on weight, total amount, parcel dimensions, UPS account setup. There may be different reasons that no rates are returned: we specified some in this article http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853310/...rroroncheckout
Let alone there might be issues with the carrier's servers.

So each case needs to be examined separately. When you notice again that your real time shipping isn't working, please send us this information: when and what time it happened, what products were in the bag, what shipping address was used. It will help us in troubleshooting.

P.S. you may want to report bug reports here http://www.ecwid.com/bt/bug_report_page.php

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 10-21-2013, 05:38 PM

Hello Again,
Yes, I am aware that the problem may not have been recreated by you. That was the pattern of the issues I experienced. They were random glitches that happened. So, looks like I will need to pay close attention and I will be sure to be keeping notes from now on of any bugs I experience. I also will now post them on the bug link you provided.
Thank You,
~ Antonio ~

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
crash, ecwid, shipping, site, store