Old 01-10-2019, 09:51 PM

Separate store page for specific deals.

We have a main store page with everything, and we are wanting a separate page for deals only, how can I make a separate store page in wix with only one category for example an inventory category specific to deals?

Thank you for any help, and if its needed here is our store link https://brentleysfinecigars.com
Old 01-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

It's Alex Flint from Ecwid Customer Care Team. Thanks for reaching us out. I'm here to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Obermark View Post
We have a main store page with everything, and we are wanting a separate page for deals only, how can I make a separate store page in wix with only one category for example an inventory category specific to deals?

Thank you for any help, and if its needed here is our store link https://brentleysfinecigars.com
In this case I recommend, that you create a hidden category in your Ecwid store. Hidden categories are available through a direct link only, so you will be able to provide the needed customers with the link to the hidden category.

Here is a tutorial for you on how to create a hidden category in your Ecwid store — https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...and-categories

Hope I was helpful. If you have any questions, please, feel free to ask.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:47 PM

I was able to do that, but is there a way can for example, create page separate that has information and a description of the Deals page, and has the products on display the products instead of taking it back to the store specific page.

Or do i have to create the page with the information and have a for example a button thatll link them to that category in the store taking them to the store specific page where they can also access all the other categories?

By the way thank you for your help.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:09 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Obermark View Post
I was able to do that, but is there a way can for example, create page separate that has information and a description of the Deals page, and has the products on display the products instead of taking it back to the store specific page.

Or do i have to create the page with the information and have a for example a button thatll link them to that category in the store taking them to the store specific page where they can also access all the other categories?

By the way thank you for your help.
Hi there,

This is Reina from Ecwid Team. Thank you for your message!

Wix sites have a specific iframe structure — the iframes function as independent elements within the parent website page and are isolated from the rest site content. When you add Ecwid to your Wix site, the whole store is added to such an iframe to one page only. So, you can't add one category to a separate Wix page.

However, you can link any Wix element (images, buttons, menus, etc) with your Ecwid store elements (categories, products, etc).

So, I think your second solution will work well. You can create a separate Wix page when you have all the needed information for your deals and create a button that will redirect your dears to the hidden category with the products for them only.

Let us know if you have any questions. We'll be glad to answer!
Old 01-16-2019, 11:24 PM

Thank you very much, i appreciate it!
Old 01-17-2019, 04:01 PM

Brent, you might also try the "Buy Now" button. I also have a Wix-hosted site and use the code in iframes on my site. Example: www.wattsrunning.com/foreword. You could use multiple instances of the "Buy Now" code on any Wix webpage. Hope this helps.
Bill

Email: bwatts@wattsrunning.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/wattsrunning
Twitter: www.twitter.com/wattsrunning

Tags
page, separate, store