Old 01-17-2019, 09:58 AM

Hide State on check-out page

Hello,

On the check-out page the buyer has to indicate the state he lives in. I have no option to deactivate this option which is useless for shops in France, Belgium, Germany and I guess all european countries. Is there a way to hide this field using CSS ?

Thanks,
Thomas
Old 01-18-2019, 03:40 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Sonnenschein View Post
Hello,

On the check-out page the buyer has to indicate the state he lives in. I have no option to deactivate this option which is useless for shops in France, Belgium, Germany and I guess all european countries. Is there a way to hide this field using CSS ?

Thanks,
Thomas
Hi Thomas,

This is Wendy from Ecwid team. Thanks a lot for getting in touch with us.

State is a required field for France, Belgium and Germany, so, there is no way to hide it using CSS.

Your customers have to fill in this field in order to complete an order in your store. All these countries have states and your customers will be able to choose them in a drop-down list.

Why do you want to disable the "State" field in your store? I'll try to find a workaround for you.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask! I'll be glad to assist!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:49 PM

Hello Wendy,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, of course, in all these countries we have states or regions. But it is a useless information for billing and shipping, so why ask customers to fill in an information that is not needed ? Just makes the check-out process longer for no added value.

Thanks,
Thomas
Old 01-24-2019, 11:13 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Sonnenschein View Post
Hello Wendy,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, of course, in all these countries we have states or regions. But it is a useless information for billing and shipping, so why ask customers to fill in an information that is not needed ? Just makes the check-out process longer for no added value.

Thanks,
Thomas
Hello Thomas,
I am Karina, Ecwid Customer Care Team.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We have submitted the idea to make the state field optional in some countries to our product managers. If there will be any news on the matter, we will surely let you know.

Thank you!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Tags
check-out, state