Old 01-05-2019, 03:17 PM

Tax Exemption Status

I will be selling products which have a vat exemption in the UK, in that they have a 0% rate, but only for personal use. If another business buys from me I have to charge vat at 20%. I would like to display prices on my site excluding vat, and on checkout ask the user to confirm the order is for personal use, which would allow them to checkout without adding 20%, otherwise tax at 20% will be applied. Is this within the scope of current ecwid features or would it require a custom addon?
Old 01-09-2019, 04:29 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello Allan,

Thank you for your message. At the moment we don't have a built-in feature to manage tax exempt orders the way you described. However it should be possible to achieve it with a custom extension that will be based on Ecwid API. Ecwid API docs can be found here: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation

You can either hire a third-party developer for this task, or you can count on our customization team. If you are interested in their services, please use the following form to submit your request: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv Our developers will get back to you by email to discuss further details.

Hope it helps. If you need other assistance, just let us know.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:52 PM

Thank for your anwer it helps me too!