Old 02-15-2017, 09:15 PM

Question

AROMATHERAPY PRODUCTS

Is it legal to sell all natural aromatherapy creams, lotions, etc on here. On place called it illegal drugs but FDA says it is totally legal. We are not as certified aromatherapist governed by FDA regulations as we place a disclaimer stating we do not claim to be a doctor and suggest consulting with a doctor for any kind of diagnosis.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:10 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keller1 View Post
Is it legal to sell all natural aromatherapy creams, lotions, etc on here. On place called it illegal drugs but FDA says it is totally legal. We are not as certified aromatherapist governed by FDA regulations as we place a disclaimer stating we do not claim to be a doctor and suggest consulting with a doctor for any kind of diagnosis.
Hello, Dan,

Thank you for contacting Ecwid customer care.

If you don't sell anything, that is straight across the board illegal, judging by the laws of the country/state/county you are located in, then Ecwid won't close your account.

However, some payment gateways, that can be integrated with Ecwid, keep track of what the merchants are selling. And all of them have Terms of Service legal document, where you can see, if they are going to have a problem with your goods. Then they would reach out to us and ask us to ask you to remove certain products from your store.

This is Terms of Service of the WePay(Ecwid Payments) payment gateway, which you are now using: https://go.wepay.com/terms-of-service-us

If you scroll down quite a bit, you can find this mention in the table:

I believe, your store's products do fall into the category 'Pharmaceuticals, internet pharmacies'. So, this payment gateway would have a problem with your transactions through them. They can either block your payments or ask us to remove your account.

I advise you to look deeper into the payment options, and study the Terms of Service documents of the payments gateways.

Not, that I'm suggesting you base your choice on my opinion, but 2checkout is something I would look into first.

Feel free to ask questions here, by emails, and in chats!
Old 02-17-2017, 04:59 PM

my products according to the FDA are not considered pharmaceuticals or we would have to be approved by them. Essential oils are the main ingredients in the massage oils, lotions and roll ons.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:14 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello, Dan,

We apologize for any frustration that this has caused and we definitely see your point.

In no way we are suggesting that this particular item is illegal. It just turns out that Ecwid Payments/WePay system and regulatory commitments can make us unable to accommodate transactions for the items in question. We truly are sorry about any inconvenience this causes.

There is a ton of other payments processing options in our set up, that I mentioned in my previous message, and you shouldn't feel, that we are limiting you somehow as a shopping cart. It's just every payment gateway has its own list of high risk items, and we can't ensure you, that yours won't be classified like ones by the particular payment gateway.

Sorry it is wired this way. Hope, the information I provided was helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie H. For This Useful Post:
Dan Keller1 (02-21-2017)