The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 08:10 AM

But if you change the grid view for your facebook page, it will change the settings for your normal website too, yes?

That's why I will use qetzals standard facebook setup, as I don't think the settings in there affect your original website. Unless I'm wrong.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesentrance View Post
But if you change the grid view for your facebook page, it will change the settings for your normal website too, yes?

That's why I will use qetzals standard facebook setup, as I don't think the settings in there affect your original website. Unless I'm wrong.
That is why I used list view (I also limited the products to a particular category). I did not have to change my normal website which has the grid view. Using the ECWID coding I limited the FB app to list view giving me what I needed for FB and not a change to what is already on my website. Ecwid is so versatile. Like you say the new FB integration that will be developed should have a number of options but I wanted to see what the new iframe functionality on FB produced.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurRainbow Press View Post
I think the issue is related to how many columns you have in grid view. My standard store ahs 3 columns so in grid view this casued FB to have a scroll bar. the other views auto fit into the 520px width on FB. I am quite sure if I changed the grid to have two columns if would work okay.
Horizontal scrollbar? Did you increase the size of your product thumbnails?
The changing of the grid to have two columns only is a good solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesentrance View Post

If you change the grid view for your FB page, it will not affect your settings for your normal website any way. So you can have your store installed in many places with different widget settings, such as enabled/disabled product views, number of products per page, etc.

So each installed widget can be adapted to the particular site, where it is installed and these widgets will work correctly at the same time. Pretty cool : -)

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 07-03-2011, 08:21 PM

Hi, any idea on when the sugested three new modes of displaying Ecwid on FB will be released?
Old 07-04-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David V. View Post
Hi, any idea on when the sugested three new modes of displaying Ecwid on FB will be released?
The new features are in our roadmap and will be released soon. However, we cannot give an exact ETA right now.
Have a question? Look up the answer at our help portal!

⬇ Click Thanks, please, if this reply helped you.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:47 PM

Greetings Ecwid Team, Any chance we can get an update on the progress of the revised FB app? Also, any possibility of it allowing you to show a specific category rather than random products on the tab page prior to the jump to the app page? Thanks!

-----------------------
Chip Riggs
Old 08-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrosa Admin View Post
Greetings Ecwid Team, Any chance we can get an update on the progress of the revised FB app?
This task is in our roadmap. I will update this thread as soon as our engineers starts to implement it.

Quote:
Also, any possibility of it allowing you to show a specific category rather than random products on the tab page prior to the jump to the app page? Thanks!
Yes, it will be possible as well.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Ecwid Team

Some sketches:

---

---

Old 08-29-2011, 01:57 PM

Thanks so much for the preview! We're super excited about everything you guys are doing with Ecwid. We Currently have 2 accounts with Ecwid and are planning to roll out a total of 4 for all of our brands for our product sections and web/facebook stores.

The sooner we can start using the Ecwid facebook plug-in the better but I was able to figure out a workaround in the time being. If you're interested check it out here:

http://www.facebook.com/Subrosa.Bran...39047886138866

Thanks again and please keep us updated on the plug-in's process.

Regards,
Chip
Old 09-02-2011, 07:36 AM

Hi

I'm new to ecwid, and i want to add ecwid store to my facebook fan page. I followed the instructions here http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853261/...toretoFacebook but i'm stuck on step 4 when i want to connect ecwid with my facebook page. I already configured the store inside ecwid interface, but the problem is that I cannot find the "Add Ecwid to your Facebook page" link. Where is it, can someone post a link or something?

Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
facebook