The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:17 AM

Customer location using Google Maps

Dear,

I am stuck on the last step before starting my business on your website. As I am selling in Saudi Arabia and delivering locally, the shipping address is a problem. I need to add Google Maps to the checkout page to allow customers to pin their location instead of filling the shipping details.

Regards,
Old 05-15-2016, 11:56 PM

Lightbulb

Hi there!
.. very interesting case! I believe it requires a custom javascript (something like script on shipping method page that creates a Maps widget and interacts with shipping address form).

Let's hear Ecwid support.

Good luck to find solution!
I've subscribed to this thread
Old 05-16-2016, 06:55 AM

Thanks smartMart. I will be waiting for someone to reply with a solution. I hope I find a developer to do this one for me.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmotlag View Post
Dear,

I am stuck on the last step before starting my business on your website. As I am selling in Saudi Arabia and delivering locally, the shipping address is a problem. I need to add Google Maps to the checkout page to allow customers to pin their location instead of filling the shipping details.

Regards,
Hello,

Thank you for your request. I wonder why standard shipping details form doesn’t suit you. Will you please clarify what prevents you from using the standard shipping info functionality at checkout (i.e. when customer fills in his address manually in the appropriate fields of the shipping details form)?

SmartMart is right, custom javascript is needed to add Google Maps to the checkout page since there is no such functionality by default. You can use our Javascript API to make the modification if you are familiar with Javascript. Here is the documentation: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-doc...refront-js-api

We see that you filled in the form for modifications request (https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv). We received it and will contact you with the quote soon.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara K View Post
Hello,

Thank you for your request. I wonder why standard shipping details form doesn’t suit you. Will you please clarify what prevents you from using the standard shipping info functionality at checkout (i.e. when customer fills in his address manually in the appropriate fields of the shipping details form)?

SmartMart is right, custom javascript is needed to add Google Maps to the checkout page since there is no such functionality by default. You can use our Javascript API to make the modification if you are familiar with Javascript. Here is the documentation: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-doc...refront-js-api

We see that you filled in the form for modifications request (https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv). We received it and will contact you with the quote soon.
Thank you Tara. The reason why current shipping form does not suit me is because I live in Saudi Arabia and in my country the addresses are little bit confusing and everyone is using Google Maps to share their location or pin a location they want to share. If I use the current shipping form, the customer will get confused and the address will not be accurate.

Regards,
Old 05-18-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmotlag View Post
Thank you Tara. The reason why current shipping form does not suit me is because I live in Saudi Arabia and in my country the addresses are little bit confusing and everyone is using Google Maps to share their location or pin a location they want to share. If I use the current shipping form, the customer will get confused and the address will not be accurate.

Regards,
I see, thank you for the fast reply and clarification. We will contact you with the quote by e-mail soon.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.