The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:51 PM

Prices in CSV file in cents

I have to upload about 12.000 products. The prices are in cents, for example 2499 is 24 euro 99 cents. When I upload the CSV file, 2499 becomes 2499 euro. Is there a setting to see the prices in cents instead of full euros?
Thanks!
Old 08-30-2011, 03:28 PM

The prices are always imported in the currency of your store. Unfortunately there is no option to use cents instead of euro. But you can simply process the spreadsheet containing your products and prices, so that each price contains 2 decimal digits, and then re-import that spreadsheet, having it saved in CSV format, into your Ecwid shop.

So, you need to make CSV with 3 columns:
1. SKU
2. Product Name
3. Price (with 2 decimal digits)

You can rapidly make such CSV, by exporting all your products from Ecwid (select only the columns I listed above), process that CSV in a spreadsheet program (we recommend OpenOffice), having introduced a decimal point into your prices. Then save this file back into CSV format and re-import it to Ecwid.

This way way you will update the prices of your existing products with correct values.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
The prices are always imported in the currency of your store. Unfortunately there is no option to use cents instead of euro. But you can simply process the spreadsheet containing your products and prices, so that each price contains 2 decimal digits, and then re-import that spreadsheet, having it saved in CSV format, into your Ecwid shop.

So, you need to make CSV with 3 columns:
1. SKU
2. Product Name
3. Price (with 2 decimal digits)

You can rapidly make such CSV, by exporting all your products from Ecwid (select only the columns I listed above), process that CSV in a spreadsheet program (we recommend OpenOffice), having introduced a decimal point into your prices. Then save this file back into CSV format and re-import it to Ecwid.

This way way you will update the prices of your existing products with correct values.
Okay, thanks.
I haven't uploaded the complete catalog yet. And I use OpenOffice (ofcourse). But does this mean I have to edit every product/price??
Old 08-30-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alle kantoorartikelen View Post
Okay, thanks.
I haven't uploaded the complete catalog yet. And I use OpenOffice (ofcourse). But does this mean I have to edit every product/price??
Yes, you would need to change all of your prices in your spreadsheet. But it can be done easily when you use a spreadsheet program. E.g. you can insert a new column next to your prices column, input a formula to divide the price on the left by 100 and then fill cells down to the end of your listing. This would take a couple of minutes to do. When importing, you need to skip the column where prices are in cents and instead use the newly calculated column where prices are (price in cents / 100).
Old 08-30-2011, 04:00 PM

Yes ofcourse!!
Hahaha thanks!!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
cents, csv, dutch, prices