The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:35 PM

Where do I insert change text/translation javascript?

So, I want to change "bag" to "cart" and found this explanation of how to do it:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront

Which all makes sense to me except it says: "So we need to add the following code before this line: <script type='text/javascript' src='http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?store_id'></script> on your web page:"

On my webpage? Where on my webpage? I have Ecwid on a WordPress site, so where is this line: <script type='text/javascript' src='http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?store_id'></script>??

I checked the header.php file, I checked the plugin code, I checked a few other php files in the theme I'm using and I don't see anywhere to insert the translation code once it's generated. Where can I find where the Ecwid integration so I know where to insert the code?
The Following User Says Thank You to eb_ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2012, 06:44 PM

This code should be placed in the HTML source of the page you have your Ecwid store on. You need to open that Wordpress page for editing (this can be done via your Wordpress admin panel -> Pages -> select the page you have added Ecwid to -> click "HTML" tab) and add the translation code there.

If you're still not able to add the translation script, please provide us with the link to your store on Wordpress site.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kess For This Useful Post:
Давыдов Дмитрий (01-08-2018), eb_ (05-31-2012), Michael McHale (05-31-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 06:49 PM

Oh OK, so it has to go on EVERY page that Ecwid is on? So if I have 10 pages with Ecwid on it, I have to put it on every one of those pages?
Old 05-31-2012, 08:00 AM

If these 10 pages are 10 storefronts of one store on different sites - then the answer would be "yes, you will need to add the translation script to every page".

If the 10 pages you mean are just different pages of one storefront (like product details pages, cart page, checkout page, etc.) - it means you have only one piece of Ecwid integration code added to one page of your site actually, and thus the translation script should be added just once to this very page.

Please provide us with the URLs of the pages you refer to. It will let us give the exact answer to your question.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kess For This Useful Post:
Давыдов Дмитрий (01-08-2018), eb_ (05-31-2012), Michael McHale (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 10:40 PM

Thanks, this worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Michael McHale For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2012, 11:16 PM

Thanks, this worked. (Accidentally replied from client's account above.)
Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 PM

I have the same question regarding your guidance to add the javascript "to your web page". I am using Joomla with Rockettheme Halcyon theme and haven't a clue regarding which page (file ??) to add the below code to.

Can you help?

Thanks.

www.elephant-electronics-intl.com

Example
E.g. we want to replace the "Shopping Bag" text with "Shopping Cart" in the bag widget and "your bag" page.
So we need to add the following code before this line: <script type='text/javascript' src='http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?store_id'></script> on your web page:

<script type="text/javascript"> ecwidMessages = { "BreadCrumbs.your_bag" : "Your shopping cart", "Minicart.shopping_bag" : "Shopping Cart", "ShoppingCartView.shopping_bag" : "Your Shopping Cart", "EmptyShoppingCartPanel.empty" : "Your Shopping Cart is empty" }; </script>

I found the below guidance, but I'm not clear on where to insert the java script. Is there a specific file or location within Joomla that I insert the code?

I'm using Joomla, Halcyon RocketTheme, and Rokecwid extension/plugin.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Example
E.g. we want to replace the "Shopping Bag" text with "Shopping Cart" in the bag widget and "your bag" page.

So we need to add the following code before this line: <script type='text/javascript' src='http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?store_id'></script> on your web page:

<script type="text/javascript"> ecwidMessages = { "BreadCrumbs.your_bag" : "Your shopping cart", "Minicart.shopping_bag" : "Shopping Cart", "ShoppingCartView.shopping_bag" : "Your Shopping Cart", "EmptyShoppingCartPanel.empty" : "Your Shopping Cart is empty" }; </script>

Last edited by Kess; 12-17-2012 at 05:56 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to elephant.computers.intl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant.computers.intl View Post
I have the same question regarding your guidance to add the javascript "to your web page". I am using Joomla with Rockettheme Halcyon theme and haven't a clue regarding which page (file ??) to add the below code to.

Can you help?

Thanks.

www.elephant-electronics-intl.com

Example

You can add it to a Custom HTML module:
How can I change or translate any text in my storefront? -> How do I apply a custom translation in Joomla?
The Following User Says Thank You to Maristany For This Useful Post:

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.