The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-16-2012, 04:16 PM
david constable's Avatar
david constable is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 22
Default


(Sent from a customer account)

I have been with ecwid from the start - and have various accounts here for my customers (I have always recommended Ecwid - even though for SEO it's very bad) the ease of use and integration was the main selling point , and the 100 products or 17dollars option was very fair.
However - 10 products / free option - no one will go for this obviously - other than kids who are playing with their own sites.

Faced with having to pay 180 dollars a year I would recommend any future customers of mine to go with a free cart - and host the database themselves (they can backup themselves) or go with a 'paid' cart if they want extra functionality.

You have been very clever when saying there will always be a 'free' version of Ecwid, you are correct in that saying - but you never said you would reduce the functionality of the free version - did you - maybe I am wrong - but I have never read you mention reduced functionality / products etc. - Please answer - as I think I can no longer trust ecwid not to change the conditions again in a years time

I think this means the end for me and ecwid for any future clients - I have 5 eCommerce projects coming up. As usual I offer them a few solutions , ecwid - and 2 others - one free , one paid. I am 100% certain they will not choose ecwid now.

Last edited by david constable; 10-16-2012 at 04:54 PM.
  #32  
Old 10-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Easycamonline's Avatar
Easycamonline Easycamonline is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
Default

I have a question regarding the free plan. I just signed up. read about the price changes and wanted to know if the 1,000 categories (includes the sub category as well.) Is this a complete limit on cat and sub-cat or just the main category list?

I like the shopping cart. but now after reading about all the price and plan changes, I may continue looking at other options. Is the free plan changing to lower the product amounts and the categories as I have seen suggested?

I do realize that you have costs. bandwidth, storage, hosting servers, ect. But, I also realize that most of the people who would be using this cart system are sole owners of some very small online shops..
My other question is how you are handling the FB stealing links situation. (like pintrist) they are encrypting links and alot of major services like google - pintrist and such are using skim links , viglinks and others like them to keep traffic going to their own stores instead users FB shopping pages? In essence- they are stealing traffic. Is the shopping cart code encoded to prevent this?

I await your reply.
  #33  
Old 10-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Snowite Katrina Darwish,


Quote:
I have a question regarding the free plan. I just signed up. read about the price changes and wanted to know if the 1,000 categories (includes the sub category as well.) Is this a complete limit on cat and sub-cat or just the main category list?
It is the total limit of all categories in a store. We're considering increasing this number, so if you're planning to have more than 1,000 categories, please contact us and we will help you.

Quote:
I like the shopping cart. but now after reading about all the price and plan changes, I may continue looking at other options. Is the free plan changing to lower the product amounts and the categories as I have seen suggested?
Please let me quote my post once again:
If you already are a registered Ecwid user on our free (Basic) or premium (Silver) plans, you will continue to receive the same level of service you currently receive today – forever. There will be no change to the current features or pricing you receive, unless you choose to upgrade to one of our new service plans.
Since you'd registered before new plans were announced to public, you're eligible for special "early adopters" plans. You're keeping all current product/category limits. All features you can use now will still be available for you.

So release of the new plans will not affect our existing users in a way.

Quote:
I do realize that you have costs. bandwidth, storage, hosting servers, ect. But, I also realize that most of the people who would be using this cart system are sole owners of some very small online shops..
We think that Ecwid is great for those who just start selling online. First of all we do all the technical work. Upgrades, security, perfomance, patches, code, etc - store owner doesn't need to think about it and spend money on this. We do all the things. It means store owner has time and money to spend on really important things: promotion of his/her shop.

The second thing is that Ecwid can work anywhere - you don't need to purchase a webhosting. Just use any free website builder or even a FB page for your site. Ecwid will work there just fine.

And the third important thing is that we have a free plan without any commitment and our paid plans have a very reasonable pricing if you compare them and their limits to other hosted shopping carts.


Quote:
My other question is how you are handling the FB stealing links situation. (like pintrist) they are encrypting links and alot of major services like google - pintrist and such are using skim links , viglinks and others like them to keep traffic going to their own stores instead users FB shopping pages? In essence- they are stealing traffic. Is the shopping cart code encoded to prevent this?
Well, technically they don't steal traffic, i.e. if someone shares a link to a product, Pinterest will modify the link and add its own affiliate code to get a cut from a sale. However the link will still point to the product's website.

As I know it works for very big retailers only at this moment, so if you aren't Amazon or Zappos, your links will not be modified by Pinterest.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #34  
Old 10-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

david constable,

Thank you for the feedback.

Quote:
I have been with ecwid from the start - and have various accounts here for my customers (I have always recommended Ecwid - even though for SEO it's very bad) the ease of use and integration was the main selling point , and the 100 products or 17dollars option was very fair.
Quote:
However - 10 products / free option - no one will go for this obviously - other than kids who are playing with their own sites.
Our main goal of plans changing is very simple: charge fair and adequate price for the amount of service Ecwid offers. We believe that it is necessary for success of any business and Ecwid particularly. And if Ecwid is successful, our users will benefit a lot: they will get more new exciting features faster.

And we believe our new plans are fairly priced. Moreover they're still pretty cheap, if you compare them to other hosted (SaaS) shopping carts.

As for "kids who are playing with their sites" - well, Ecwid is so easy to use, that we really have some kids who set up their stores. It is something we are proud of.

Quote:
Faced with having to pay 180 dollars a year I would recommend any future customers of mine to go with a free cart - and host the database themselves (they can backup themselves) or go with a 'paid' cart if they want extra functionality.
It is always important to compare the "cost of ownership" of products, but not the "cost of install" only.

Free self-hosted shopping carts are free to install, however what are the real costs?
- First you need to invest your time to install a self-hosted cart on your server, set up databases and other things.
- You need to purchase an SSL certificate.
- All cart maintaince is also on you: you need to upgrade it manually to get new features. You need to make sure it is secure. You need to apply patches manually to fix bugs. You need to make sure it works fast and tune it to get good perfomance. You need to buy more expensive hosting if you get more visitors. And so on.

Merchants are required to invest their time to cope with all these things and mess with a code (days or even weeks) or hire somebody to do this for them.

Does it cost more or less that $180 per year? $15/month? 3 cups of coffee for month of work of team of 25 professionals who are working day and night to make sure your store works good?

Quote:
You have been very clever when saying there will always be a 'free' version of Ecwid, you are correct in that saying - but you never said you would reduce the functionality of the free version - did you - maybe I am wrong - but I have never read you mention reduced functionality / products etc. - Please answer - as I think I can no longer trust ecwid not to change the conditions again in a years time
Trust of our users is very important for us. We promised that Ecwid's free version would be always available and it will be.
Moreover there will be no reducing of functionality for existing users. If you're registered before the new plans were released, you will get the same level of service including all features you can use now, product limits, etc. The new plans are applied for the new users only.

I think it is more than fair.


Quote:
I think this means the end for me and ecwid for any future clients - I have 5 eCommerce projects coming up. As usual I offer them a few solutions , ecwid - and 2 others - one free , one paid. I am 100% certain they will not choose ecwid now.
I'm upset reading this. However I still think that Ecwid is much better than other carts and if a client sees what Ecwid is offering, what problems it solves and how it works, s/he will choose it.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #35  
Old 10-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

After the initial announcement of new plans we have received a lot of great feedback from you, our Ecwid community. Thank you all. Your feedback, kind words and support help us greatly.

After some considerations we decided to remove the monthly transaction volume limit in our new plans. So all new plans have unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited monthly transaction volume and 0.0% transaction fee. A truly unique offer for a hosted shopping cart.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #36  
Old 11-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Derek Bess's Avatar
Derek Bess Derek Bess is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetzal View Post
After some considerations we decided to remove the monthly transaction volume limit in our new plans. So all new plans have unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited monthly transaction volume and 0.0% transaction fee. A truly unique offer for a hosted shopping cart.
Did you get your account hacked or are you guys being for real?
  #37  
Old 11-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Bess View Post
Did you get your account hacked or are you guys being for real?
Our accounts are super-protected from hacker attacks : -)

Yes, we're serious. We've listened to the feedback of our community and decided to remove all transaction limits. Isn't it great?
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #38  
Old 11-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Jumatatea Plina's Avatar
Jumatatea Plina Jumatatea Plina is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
Default

I've posted this idea on ecwid. It pertains to the product limit and how it's a little more convenient to add this as "active product limit.
I don't know if anyone has thought of this scenario but i find it very interesting...
It has the potential to turn smaller customers into bigger ones.

http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...on-all-plans-t
  #39  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:42 AM
LilMissAdesigns's Avatar
LilMissAdesigns LilMissAdesigns is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Default

My question is I am currently on the old silver plan and need to update my card info but I now wish to use paypal for payment but I dont have the option to do that and the email I received saying my card declined will only let me enter another credit card, if I downgrade to a free account can I then upgrade to the old silver or will I only have the option of the new plans

Last edited by Alyssa Bargain-bows; 11-15-2012 at 12:59 AM.
  #40  
Old 11-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Kess's Avatar
Kess Kess is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Bargain-bows View Post
My question is I am currently on the old silver plan and need to update my card info but I now wish to use paypal for payment but I dont have the option to do that and the email I received saying my card declined will only let me enter another credit card, if I downgrade to a free account can I then upgrade to the old silver or will I only have the option of the new plans
Hello, Alyssa.

If you downgrade to the free plan, you will still be able to upgrade to Silver later, as well as to any of the new plans.
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
help!, link, option, silver, silver account, upgrade, upgrade to premium

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:08 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.