The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:26 AM

Changing text on *floating* minicart

Hi there

First of all, Ecwid is great... it's been a learning curve but I'm getting there!

Have figured most things out by myself, but I'm stuck on this one for too long.

I've changed the wording in all places known to man so that "Bag" is now "Cart" but then when I move AWAY from a product page & the floating widget appears, the wording here is "Bag" again!

See screenshots.

What do I need to change so that the floating minicart matches the horizontal categories minicart?

Thanks heaps!

Glen (tech support for Shane Turner )
Old 10-31-2010, 11:16 PM

How were u able to change the text?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:23 AM

Question

Hi Luis,

I modified the code on my "Stores" page (which I renamed as "Products", just as an FYI!) to look like this:
Quote:
<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"AddToBagWidget.product_added":"The product was added to your shopping cart",
"BreadCrumbs.your_bag":"Your shopping cart",
"Checkout.items_removed":"There were removed items in your cart, because they are temporarily unavailable. Please, check your cart\!",
"Checkout.items_unavailable":"Items in your cart are temporarily unavailable, cannot proceed\!",
"CheckoutServiceImpl.add_items":". Please add some more items to your cart.",
"CheckoutServiceImpl.remove_items":". Please remove items from your cart.",
"DnDLabel.drag_me":"Drag & Drop Me to the Cart",
"EmptyShoppingCartPanel.empty":"Your Shopping Cart is empty",
"Minicart.open_bag":"Open Cart",
"Minicart.out_of_stock":"The product is out of stock and cannot be put in the cart",
"Minicart.shopping_bag":"Shopping Cart",
"ProductBrowser.your_cart":"Your cart",
"ProductDetails.all_items_in_bag":"All items are in the cart",
"ProductDetails.in_bag":"\ in the cart",
"ProductDetails.In_bag":"In the Cart",
"ShoppingCart.open_bag":"Please open the cart and remove some products or go to checkout.",
"ShoppingCart.the_number_of_products_":"The number of different products in your cart",
"ShoppingCartView.clear":"Clear Cart",
"ShoppingCartView.shopping_bag":"Your Shopping Cart",
"TableProductsContainer.add_to_bag":"Add to Cart"
}
</script>

<!-- Ecwid code start v0.2. Please do not remove the line below otherwise your Ecwid shopping cart will not work. -->[ecwid_script] [ecwid_minicart] [ecwid_searchbox] [ecwid_categories] [ecwid_productbrowser]
<!-- Ecwid code end -->
Basically I just went to the Translate tool & searched for all references to "Bag", then changed them to "Cart", clicked Generate, then copied & pasted the results into my page above the existing "Ecwid code start" section as per instructions I found on the forum.

But alas I still have some rogue "Bag" text somewhere for this floating widget.

Hope this helps!

Anyone got any ideas around my problem? Please?
Old 11-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
First of all, Ecwid is great... it's been a learning curve but I'm getting there!
What Ecwid part should we improve to make it easier to set up?

Quote:
I've changed the wording in all places known to man so that "Bag" is now "Cart" but then when I move AWAY from a product page & the floating widget appears, the wording here is "Bag" again!
The code which you use to change the text should be added to each page, where you use Ecwid widgets.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 11-29-2010, 05:04 AM

Hi Qetzal,

Thanks for the reply, sorry for my late reply!

In terms of ease of use - the biggest challenge has been getting used to the idea of the system being managed outside of Wordpress and the subsequent integration (such as this challenge for me.)

Re: adding the code to each page, I've done so, but still seeing the word "Bag" etc. My code is as follows:

Quote:
<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"Checkout.items_removed":"There were removed items in your cart, because they are temporarily unavailable. Please, check your cart\!",
"Checkout.items_unavailable":"Items in your cart are temporarily unavailable, cannot proceed\!",
"Minicart.out_of_stock":"The product is out of stock and cannot be put in the cart",
"ProductDetails.in_bag":"\ in the cart",
"ShoppingCart.open_bag":"Please open the cart and remove some products or go to checkout.",
"ShoppingCart.the_number_of_products_":"The number of different products in your cart",
}
</script>

(About Us text goes here)

I've done this for all pages as suggested with no resulting change in the text. Is there something I'm missing?

If it helps, I'm developing this on a temp domain while I learn the system, which is here:

http://waterlessurinalsystems.wastetreatmentbug.com.au

Cheers
Glen Parker
Old 11-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
In terms of ease of use - the biggest challenge has been getting used to the idea of the system being managed outside of Wordpress and the subsequent integration (such as this challenge for me.)
If you have any suggestions or ideas on how to improve the current process, we will be happy to hear them!

Quote:
I've done this for all pages as suggested with no resulting change in the text. Is there something I'm missing?
If it helps, I'm developing this on a temp domain while I learn the system, which is here:
http://waterlessurinalsystems.wastetreatmentbug.com.au
Your JS code has a syntax error, thus new labels are not applied. Try to replace this line:

HTML Code:
"ShoppingCart.open_bag":"Please open the cart and remove some <a  rel='nofollow' title="products" href="http://waterlessurinalsystems.wastetreatmentbug.com.au/store/">products</a> or go to checkout.",
with:

HTML Code:
"ShoppingCart.open_bag":"Please open the cart and remove some <a  rel='nofollow' title=\"products\" href=\"http://waterlessurinalsystems.wastetreatmentbug.com.au/store/\">products</a> or go to checkout.",

Old 11-29-2010, 08:34 PM

Thanks again, but I'm still lost - that line doesn't appear in my javascript. I copied the JS straight from the help pages of the forum, and it looks like this:

...across all pages. There is no hyperlink there at all...? This same code on the "store" page works fine.

Have I misunderstood?

Thanks for your patience

BTW in regards to 'making the setup easier', it's this kind of customisation I was referring to. Products & categories & management etc are all very slick!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Turner View Post
Thanks again, but I'm still lost - that line doesn't appear in my javascript. I copied the JS straight from the help pages of the forum, and it looks like this:

...across all pages. There is no hyperlink there at all...? This same code on the "store" page works fine.

Have I misunderstood?

Thanks for your patience

BTW in regards to 'making the setup easier', it's this kind of customisation I was referring to. Products & categories & management etc are all very slick!
If I open your site, I see these lines in the source code:

HTML Code:
        <p><script> 
ecwidMessages = {
"Checkout.items_removed":"There were removed items in your cart, because they are temporarily unavailable. Please, check your cart!",
"Checkout.items_unavailable":"Items in your cart are temporarily unavailable, cannot proceed!",
"ProductDetails.in_bag":" in the cart",
"ShoppingCart.open_bag":"Please open the cart and remove some <a  rel='nofollow' title="products" href="http://waterlessurinalsystems.wastetreatmentbug.com.au/store/">products</a> or go to checkout.",
}
</script></p> 
The line with the ShoppingCart.open_bag label has a syntax error, so the whole translation doesn't work.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetzal View Post
If I open your site, I see these lines in the source code:
Yes, I noticed that, you are of course 100% right. Where I'm stuck however, is why it's adding this extra code between what I've typed into the script code, and what is being displayed in the source code when the page loads.

I have to admit it has me stumped - what's showing in the source code is not what I've typed in.

If the additional html code is appearing in the Page Source - but doesn't exist in the script I'm entering - is there a process somewhere that "translates" or expands the content of the script...? It just seems to be outside my control, and it's very strange to me.

Thanks again for your patience in working through this issue.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:57 AM

I'm going to play with this more - I just popped back into the code & discovered for the first time that the code had been "exploded". I swear this wasn't the case previously - it was only showing the code I posted earlier (i.e. no html code mixed in).

Guessing I've broken the syntax somewhere!

Will let you know.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
add to bag, add to cart, floating, minicart