The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:51 AM

Date Picker

Is there a way for me to have it so the date picker (one of the options to answer when customers purchase my item) starts at a certain date of my choice in the future?
Old 07-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn Eats View Post
Is there a way for me to have it so the date picker (one of the options to answer when customers purchase my item) starts at a certain date of my choice in the future?
Unfortunately, it isn't possible yet. Could you please register this feature at http://ideas.ecwid.com ?

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 05-23-2014, 11:23 AM

Default Date picker issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetzal View Post
Unfortunately, it isn't possible yet. Could you please register this feature at http://ideas.ecwid.com ?
I notice this has been added to the ideas section and has votes.
But as a quick improvement to the current date picker, would it be possible to make the date selector default to no date rather than todays date, this way customers would have to select their delivery date before proceeding to checkout.

I have set date picker as a required option in my product options but this does not work (i.e customers are not prompted to select a date) because the date picker always has a date selected as it defaults to the current date. This should be blank as default.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben Jackson View Post
I notice this has been added to the ideas section and has votes.
But as a quick improvement to the current date picker, would it be possible to make the date selector default to no date rather than todays date, this way customers would have to select their delivery date before proceeding to checkout.

I have set date picker as a required option in my product options but this does not work (i.e customers are not prompted to select a date) because the date picker always has a date selected as it defaults to the current date. This should be blank as default.
Thank you very much for the update.

I'm sorry, unfortunately there is no such feature in Ecwid yet, to set a default value for your date picker option. But you can express your opinion within the related idea's discussion. Your opinion is the great values for us.

As a workaround, you can try to request the delivery date information from your customers.

Ecwid has a tool that allows you to ask the customer for additional information during checkout. You can enable this feature in your control panel (System → General → Cart → Order Comments) and allow your customers to write notes and add specific information to their orders. After orders are placed they will display as notes in the backend.

This feature can be used to collect any specific information or considerations that your customers would like to attach to an order. Particularly, they can put there preferred delivery time (as a plain text).

Also, please refer to the following article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...from-customers

Please, let us know if you have any questions.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor D. View Post
Thank you very much for the update.

I'm sorry, unfortunately there is no such feature in Ecwid yet, to set a default value for your date picker option. But you can express your opinion within the related idea's discussion. Your opinion is the great values for us.

As a workaround, you can try to request the delivery date information from your customers.

Ecwid has a tool that allows you to ask the customer for additional information during checkout. You can enable this feature in your control panel (System → General → Cart → Order Comments) and allow your customers to write notes and add specific information to their orders. After orders are placed they will display as notes in the backend.

This feature can be used to collect any specific information or considerations that your customers would like to attach to an order. Particularly, they can put there preferred delivery time (as a plain text).

Also, please refer to the following article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...from-customers

Please, let us know if you have any questions.
We already use the plain text field to gather delivery notes.

The point is that you have a setting to set the delivery date picker as a required option but this does not work as the date picker sets the current date by default and therefore customers are not alerted to the fact that they have not selected a date fromn the date picker, they can proceed to checkout without selecting a date, therefore the "required" option is failing.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
We already use the plain text field to gather delivery notes.

The point is that you have a setting to set the delivery date picker as a required option but this does not work as the date picker sets the current date by default and therefore customers are not alerted to the fact that they have not selected a date fromn the date picker, they can proceed to checkout without selecting a date, therefore the "required" option is failing.
Thank you for the update.

In this case, if you need to force your customers to specify the delivery date during the order placement, you can try to add a delivery date option as a required text field.

In order to do so, proceed to your Ecwid CP > Catalog > Products > Options > New Option > text field

Specify a title, for example 'Delivery Date: DD/MM/YYYY', mark a 'Required option' checkbox and save the changes.

You'll get the following option(example): http://awesomescreenshot.com/0482x09p7b

Thank you very much for your opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Viktor D. For This Useful Post:
ben Jackson (06-03-2014)
Old 06-03-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor D. View Post
Thank you for the update.

In this case, if you need to force your customers to specify the delivery date during the order placement, you can try to add a delivery date option as a required text field.

In order to do so, proceed to your Ecwid CP > Catalog > Products > Options > New Option > text field

Specify a title, for example 'Delivery Date: DD/MM/YYYY', mark a 'Required option' checkbox and save the changes.

You'll get the following option(example): http://awesomescreenshot.com/0482x09p7b

Thank you very much for your opinion.
Thanks for you reply, not a bad work around but not perfect, basically the ecwid date picker does not work properly and needs updating. is there any plans to implement any changes to make it work as it should? or indeed to improve its functionality?

using the date picker is already a workaround for a vital missing feature in ecwid... a delivery date selector in the checkout. This idea is the most voted for idea and yet it still has not been implemented.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Thanks for you reply, not a bad work around but not perfect, basically the ecwid date picker does not work properly and needs updating. is there any plans to implement any changes to make it work as it should? or indeed to improve its functionality?

using the date picker is already a workaround for a vital missing feature in ecwid... a delivery date selector in the checkout. This idea is the most voted for idea and yet it still has not been implemented.
Thank you very much for the update, Ben.

Do you mean the following idea? http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...llowable-dates

I'm sorry, this feature request was not included into the nearest plan at the current moment. But possibly it could be implemented in future.

I've forwarded your opinion regarding the date picker predefined date functionality collision with the required option attribute to the responsible person. This is a very important information, thank you.

We are considering an opportunity to change the functionality of date picker option. I'll keep you informed on the progress.

Please, let me know if you need any further assistance.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:28 PM

Good news, Ben!

Glad to inform you that your variant of improvement, to remove the predefined date from the date picker option was accepted and took into development.

Realization of this improvement could take some time and unfortunately, at the current step I have no information regarding the ETA.

I'll keep you informed on the progress.

Thank you for the idea and information once again!
Old 08-26-2014, 12:43 PM

Dear friends, happy to inform you that improvement was successfully released. It is already available for you in your Ecwid stores.

The default value date was removed from the date picker options.

Thank you for you ideas!
The Following User Says Thank You to Viktor D. For This Useful Post:
ben Jackson (08-27-2014)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
date, date picker, future, option