The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:45 AM
www.mobilesafety.com.au Mobile phone radiation safety accessories's Avatar
www.mobilesafety.com.au Mobile phone radiation safety accessories is offline

How to send feeds to Google shopping in a foreign currency?

I am based in Australia but I am wanting to list my products on Google shopping in another country, say Canada.

Ecwid exports my Google feed in Australian dollars (because this is how they are set up in my Ecwid). However, Google merchant feed requires products priced and listed in CAD (Canadian Dollars) in order to upload to Google shopping Canada.

Can Ecwid export via a filter where you set the AUD / CAD exchange rate and the feed spits the product prices out in CAD? Then they can be accepted into, and advertised in Google Canada without rejection.

If this is not a feature, is there a plugin or known work around?

If not, how can I easily export and convert my feed to a different currency? At the moment, when I view the feed URL, and it is copied and pasted into Excel, all the information is a mess and very difficult to work with. Do you have any documentation on how to export feeds into Excel files so that they have very distinct columns for each field? Can Google also read these files?

Regards,
Mobsey
Old 03-03-2015, 07:41 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.mobilesafety.com.au Mobile phone radiation safety accessories View Post
I am based in Australia but I am wanting to list my products on Google shopping in another country, say Canada.

Ecwid exports my Google feed in Australian dollars (because this is how they are set up in my Ecwid). However, Google merchant feed requires products priced and listed in CAD (Canadian Dollars) in order to upload to Google shopping Canada.

Can Ecwid export via a filter where you set the AUD / CAD exchange rate and the feed spits the product prices out in CAD? Then they can be accepted into, and advertised in Google Canada without rejection.

If this is not a feature, is there a plugin or known work around?

If not, how can I easily export and convert my feed to a different currency? At the moment, when I view the feed URL, and it is copied and pasted into Excel, all the information is a mess and very difficult to work with. Do you have any documentation on how to export feeds into Excel files so that they have very distinct columns for each field? Can Google also read these files?

Regards,
Mobsey
Hello Mobsey,

thank you for contacting us! Ecwid generates feeds for marketplaces based on the product information in your store: the feed contains product titles, prices, descriptions, product links, etc. When the feed is uploaded to Google Shopping, Google follows the product links, compares the data from the feed with the product information on each page and verifies the offer as relevant.

Therefore, if you convert the price from AUD to CAD in the feed, but your products will be sold in AUD on the site, Google Shopping will not accept such a feed.

To my regret, Ecwid doesn't support multiple currencies. If you want to list your products on Google Shopping Canada, please, consider opening another Ecwid account for Canadian customers with product prices in CAD. Open a new section for Canada on your site and embed Ecwid there. Thus, the feed generated for this account will contain relevant information for Google Shopping.

As to the supported feed formats, Google supports two variants: tab-delimited text files and xml files. Google doesn't accept feeds in the Excel file format. If you provided all the necessary product attributes in Ecwid, generally, there's no need to edit the feed before uploading it to Google. But sometimes you may want to exclude some products from the feed not disabling them in the store. Then you may download your feed from Ecwid by right-clicking on the feed URL in the Control Panel and selecting "Save Link As". The file will be downloaded to your computer and you can edit it in any plain text editor.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.