The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:03 AM

Exclamation

How do I add starter site on mobile site only

Hi,

I have a custom ecwid store on the main web site that is not responsive & has to stay that way & I want to add the starter site to the mobile dedicated page only.

But there is no code in the dashboard to add the mobile site like I add the other site to my website.

I don't want to display the starter site via an iframe, so how do I get the appropriate code? You used to supply separate code to do this when it was called 'mobile version' but have removed it since you changed it to starter site.

Thanks.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak Grove Test Site View Post
Hi,

I have a custom ecwid store on the main web site that is not responsive & has to stay that way & I want to add the starter site to the mobile dedicated page only.

But there is no code in the dashboard to add the mobile site like I add the other site to my website.

I don't want to display the starter site via an iframe, so how do I get the appropriate code? You used to supply separate code to do this when it was called 'mobile version' but have removed it since you changed it to starter site.

Thanks.
Hello. Thank you for contacting Ecwid support.

Starter Site can be used as your separate mobile storefront. It is convenient if your website isn't responsive and doesn't look good on mobile devices. Please mind, Starter site is not an embeddable store, it’s an Ecwid version that’s not embedded anywhere. So it works separately from your main website. Please refer to this article for more information:
http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...5-starter-site
If you want to use Starter Site as a mobile version of your store you should add a link to this starter site (which can be found at Ecwid Control Panel > System Settings > General > Starter site) on your main site in a visible place,e.g., in the header with wording like ‘Click here for mobile view’. So your customers can shop easily at your store from mobile devices by clicking on this link.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.