The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:36 AM

Exclamation

customer to assign to a GROUP and a CATEGORY of products

Hello,
I have a store which contains various suppliers.

I have customers who are wholesalers, I wish to make them to a reduction different louse each supplier.

I have to use the group, but it refers only to the invoice, I wish to associate the GROUP and the CATEGORY, to define the reduction.

Question: Is it possible?

If that is not possible ace, I suggest this approach:
to have button which allows using to be identified (I do not know the code for Sign in).
When to use it is identified, I wish to test the various groups.

“WHOLESALER A”, Yes /Non, if so, I activate the menu from which goes on the page with the corresponding CATAGORIE, so not, the CATEGORY without reduction. etc…

Do you have another suggestion?

Thank you in advance,

Hello, I wish to be able to advance on this subject.

can you help me to have code HTML of Sign in
To know the identification of the customer in progress after having clicked on Sign in.
To test if the customer belongs to group XXX

Muller Guy

Last edited by Guy Muller; 06-02-2015 at 11:03 AM. Reason: I do not have unfortunately an answer to my question!
Old 06-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Muller View Post
Hello,
I have a store which contains various suppliers.

I have customers who are wholesalers, I wish to make them to a reduction different louse each supplier.

I have to use the group, but it refers only to the invoice, I wish to associate the GROUP and the CATEGORY, to define the reduction.

Question: Is it possible?

If that is not possible ace, I suggest this approach:
to have button which allows using to be identified (I do not know the code for Sign in).
When to use it is identified, I wish to test the various groups.

“WHOLESALER A”, Yes /Non, if so, I activate the menu from which goes on the page with the corresponding CATAGORIE, so not, the CATEGORY without reduction. etc…

Do you have another suggestion?

Thank you in advance,

Hello, I wish to be able to advance on this subject.

can you help me to have code HTML of Sign in
To know the identification of the customer in progress after having clicked on Sign in.
To test if the customer belongs to group XXX

Muller Guy
Hello,

I'm very sorry for the delay with reply.

I have investigated the issue and here's what I can suggest here:

To make the A/B testing and define the customers by groups like that you would need in any way to use Ecwid API and write a script which would provide such functionality. Basically, it shouldn't be very difficult for any developer if they are skilled enough. Simple HTML won't do without calling to Ecwid API, unfortunately.

That would make it just the way you described the desired result. However, there might be some other possible workarounds that may help you below:

1. Let's imagine you have 2 categories in your Ecwid store: the first is for retail customers and the other is for the wholesale ones. These categories contain the same products, but the prices are different. In this case you need to:

a) Create two separate store pages on your website (Wholesale and Retail),

b) Use the "Default Category" method to make the retail category open by default on the retail page and the wholesale - on the wholesale page.

c) Password the "Wholesale" category and provide your wholesale customers with the password manually.

Thus, you may be completely sure that your retail customers will buy from the retail page and the wholesale customers will get the appropriate discount.

2. Also there's a way to achieve what you need using CSS.

Basically you need to have two categories in your store and some CSS rules in your custom CSS theme in the Ecwid Control Panel -> System Settings -> Design.

For example, you have a category with the ID 123456 and the other one with the ID 78910 (the ID of the category may be found in the URL bar of the browser when you access it).

In this case you will need to create the CSS rules in a way to hide one of the categories based on whether the logged in customer belongs to the necessary customer group or not. The method to achieve that is described in this section of the following article: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/port...oCustomerGroup

For example, if you want to hide the products in one of the categories based on the group to which the customer belongs, the CSS rule will be something like this:

Code:

body.ecwid-customer-group-CUSTOMERGROUPID .ecwid-productBrowser-CategoryPage-CATEGORYID div.ecwid-productBrowser-category {
	visibility: hidden !important;
}
In the rule above, the CUSTOMERGROUPID is the numerical value - the id of the particular group. The same thing is with the CATEGORYID.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:33 PM

Ok, I will be able to advance, thank you,
I need also the code HTML (sign in) which I want to stick in my Home page to oblige the customers to connect itself. thank you in advance,
afflicted I have two accounts
Old 06-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia Blatter View Post
Ok, I will be able to advance, thank you,
I need also the code HTML (sign in) which I want to stick in my Home page to oblige the customers to connect itself. thank you in advance,
afflicted I have two accounts
As far as I understand, we are talking of the Single Sign On functionality. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Basically, If you want your customers to be able to log in to your store automatically when they log in to one of the accounts of your website, then I'd recommend referring to this article here: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/port...le-sign-on-api

Also, you may create a button on the Home page of the website which would lead to the account settings in Ecwid (and sign in). In this case you would need a proper link to which you can assign the custom button. And here it is:

http://PATH-TO-STORE#!/~/accountSettings

You need to replace the PATH-TO-STORE part in the link to the actual path to your store on your website like this:

http://www.ecwid.com/demo-frontend.h...ccountSettings

That's it. There's no any HTML code, unfortunately, to make it otherwise. So, if I did not understand you correctly, please clarify your request a little and I'll see how I'm able to help you.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:43 AM

Hello,
I do not understand well how to recover the code body.ecwid-customer-group-12345.

I find the reference in tetxe “VIP”, but not the ID

In do a page where I want to limit the access to the wholesalers, I must place this value with the category?

like this?

<div> <script type=' text/javascript' src=' http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?7016170' ></script> <script type=' text/javascript'> xProductBrowser (“categoriesPerRow=3”, “views=grid (3.3) list (10) counts (20)”, “categoryView=grid”, “searchView=list”, “style=”, “defaultCategoryId=13234551”); </script> </div>

do I have to place this code in the page which posts defaultCategoryId=13234551, this category is specific to the wholesalers, in CS, jw nw do not see how making the lein?
Thank you in advance for your answer,
Muller Guy

Last edited by Guy Muller; 06-05-2015 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hello, thank you for your information.

For the log in, thank you, that functions perfectly.

I use already the selection of category with the code:
Questions:
a) how the iD of the group is obtained.
b) How does one bind the group and the category?

Muller Guy
>>>>
Hello,
I do not understand well how to recover the code body.ecwid-customer-group-12345.

I find the reference in tetxe “VIP”, but not the ID

In do a page where I want to limit the access to the wholesalers, I must place this value with the category?

like this?

<div> <script type=' text/javascript' src=' http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?7016170' ></script> <script type=' text/javascript'> xProductBrowser (“categoriesPerRow=3”, “views=grid (3.3) list (10) counts (20)”, “categoryView=grid”, “searchView=list”, “style=”, “defaultCategoryId=13234551”); </script> </div>

Thank you in advance for your answer,
Muller Guy
Hello,

I have probably explained it a little confusing, sorry.

In this code everything is correct, indeed:

Code:
You should add it to one of the pages of your website directly to make the Ecwid category with the ID 13234551 open on this page by default instead of the Store Home page.

The idea was is that you need to password this very page with lower prices (for the wholesalers) and give the password to wholesalers only. When you do that you will only need to remove breadcrumbs like this:

https://help.ecwid.com/customer/port...ve-breadcrumbs

The second approach I suggested is achieving approximately the same thing by means of CSS. In this case you need to add the rules like the one you mentioned here: "body.ecwid-customer-group-12345" to your currently active CSS theme in the System Settings -> Design section of the Ecwid Control Panel.

In this case the complete rule to hide the products in the category with the ID 13234551 for the retail customers (so that they did not see the wholesale prices at all) is the one I sent in the first reply:

Code:

body.ecwid-customer-group-00000 .ecwid-productBrowser-CategoryPage-13234551 div.ecwid-productBrowser-category {
}
I see the issue now that you can't find the ID of the group and place it instead of the "00000" part. The ID may be found like this:

1. Create an account in your store for yourself and add it to the necessary customer group.

2. Use the "Inspect Element" function of your browser on any empty space.

3. Look for this line after that:

There's the ID of the group the customer belongs to.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions - I'll be glad to answer.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:52 PM

Super… that functions… I am very content.

It is possible to put a message in CSs, if vacuum… “you do not have access…” etc.

How is the id of the group (1794001) obtained?

Great, great, great thanks

A last question, for the iphone I have a different model, on the other hand, I do not manage to post:

http://swisspetlovers.com/#!/~/accountSettings

Thank you in advance,
Muller Guy

>>>>

afflicted, vain joy, that do not function!

Here my code:

css
body.ecwid-client-groupe-00000 .ecwid-productBrowser-CategoryPage-13333236 div.ecwid-productBrowser-catégorie {
visibility: hidden! important;
}
div.ecwid-productBrowser-categoryPath {
display: none;
}

Page HTML
<div> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?7016170'></script> <script type='text/javascript'> xProductBrowser("categoriesPerRow=3","views=grid(3 ,3) list(10) table(20)","categoryView=grid","searchView=list"," style=","defaultCategoryId=13333236"); </script> </div>

Last edited by river; 06-08-2015 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Super… that functions… I am very content.

It is possible to put a message in CSs, if vacuum… “you do not have access…” etc.

How is the id of the group (1794001) obtained?

Great, great, great thanks

A last question, for the iphone I have a different model, on the other hand, I do not manage to post:

http://swisspetlovers.com/#!/~/accountSettings

Thank you in advance,
Muller Guy

>>>>

afflicted, vain joy, that do not function!

Here my code:

css
body.ecwid-client-groupe-00000 .ecwid-productBrowser-CategoryPage-13333236 div.ecwid-productBrowser-catégorie {
}
div.ecwid-productBrowser-categoryPath {
display: none;
}

Page HTML
<div> <script type='text/javascript' src='http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?7016170'></script> <script type='text/javascript'> xProductBrowser("categoriesPerRow=3","views=grid(3 ,3) list(10) table(20)","categoryView=grid","searchView=list"," style=","defaultCategoryId=13333236"); </script> </div>
Hello,

Sorry for the delay with reply.

Well, first of all I see that the code you sent has somehow got translated to Spanish:

Quote:
}
If the CSS rules are not in English, they will not work and that's the first reason why they don't.

The rules should be in English only and as given here:

Code:
body.ecwid-customer-group-00000 .ecwid-productBrowser-CategoryPage-13234551 div.ecwid-productBrowser-category {
}
Also, the "00000" here is only the example in where the ID of the group should be put instead.

The third thing and the most important one (and it's my mistake that I didn't explain it clearly, sorry) is that the "Customer Groups" functionality is available starting with the Business plan in Ecwid. You may read more about customer groups here: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/port...ustomer-groups

So, basically, if you have a Business subscription in Ecwid, this is the solution you may take and I will gladly help you achieve that. For example, I have created a test account in your store named "Ecwid Test". So, when you have the groups functioning, you may try assigning this account to one of the groups you create, I will be able to get the group ID from my side and then provide you with the particular CSS code to hide any elements based on the group which the customer belongs to.

For now you may take the first way of achieving your goal which I described in the very first reply:

Quote:
1. Let's imagine you have 2 categories in your Ecwid store: the first is for retail customers and the other is for the wholesale ones. These categories contain the same products, but the prices are different. In this case you need to:

a) Create two separate store pages on your website (Wholesale and Retail),

b) Use the "Default Category" method to make the retail category open by default on the retail page and the wholesale - on the wholesale page.

c) Password the "Wholesale" category and provide your wholesale customers with the password manually.

Thus, you may be completely sure that your retail customers will buy from the retail page and the wholesale customers will get the appropriate discount.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
group category customers