The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:04 AM

Question

iDevAffiliate integration

Hi,

We have been using iDevAffiliate for our affiliates for about 1.5 years, which we integrated with our previous shopping cart. We don't want to lose this affiliate tracking software as it is excellent.

I have contacted iDevAffiliate to obtain advice on where I integrate it with ECWID.

They advised that I need to place our generic tracking pixel (which I have) into the sale confirmation page. I am unable to source where I can place this code in ECWID. (Or should I be inserting the code into my WordPress 'store' page?)

Can you please advise?

Many thanks.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Ecwid Team

First of all, i would like to inform you, that Ecwid team already working on the affiliate tracking feature. It will allow you to easily integrate your affiliate program code to the Order Confirmation page. This feature will be available in new v10.2 Ecwid version.

If you need to add tracking pixel to your site right now, you can do this by adding following javacsript code to your 'Store' page:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
Ecwid.OnPageLoaded.add(function(page) {
 if (page.type === 'ORDER_CONFIRMATION') {
    (function() {
     var image;
     image = window.document.createElement('img');
     img.src = "http://example.com/tracking_pixel.gif";  // enter your real tracking pixel URL here
     window.document.body.appendChild(image);
    })();
 }
});
</script>
You need to change "http://example.com/tracking_pixel.gif" with your tracking pixel URL in this script. This code will allow you to track the fact of placing the order, but not order details. In case if you need to track the order total and exact items, this code will need a serious changes in it. So, I recommend you just to wait for our new release, which is around the corner.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 12-02-2011, 03:41 AM

Hello Maya,

Thank you for your reply and explanation.

I wondered if you could offer me further guidance please. This is the code I have been given in iDevAffiliate:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://affiliate.mydomain.com/affiliate/sale.php?profile=00000&idev_saleamt=XXX&idev_order num=XXX"></script>

And the instructions above it state:

You must alter all =XXX entries with the actual variable name your cart or merchant account uses. Example: =${variable_name} This will look different for all carts and merchant accounts. Check their support forums for proper syntax.

I understand what you said about it currently not tracking order details - so in the code above where it asks for the syntax for saleamt and ordernum, I guess this this is defunct.

But I wondered if I could still add the code provided by iDevAffiliate (even though it won't track order details), and insert the code into the place you mentioned? Even though it isn't a .gif?

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:56 AM

Maya could you please give an estimate time-frame on the 10.2 release?
Old 12-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara West View Post
Hello Maya,

Thank you for your reply and explanation.

I wondered if you could offer me further guidance please. This is the code I have been given in iDevAffiliate:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://affiliate.mydomain.com/affiliate/sale.php?profile=00000&idev_saleamt=XXX&idev_order num=XXX"></script>

And the instructions above it state:

You must alter all =XXX entries with the actual variable name your cart or merchant account uses. Example: =${variable_name} This will look different for all carts and merchant accounts. Check their support forums for proper syntax.

I understand what you said about it currently not tracking order details - so in the code above where it asks for the syntax for saleamt and ordernum, I guess this this is defunct.

But I wondered if I could still add the code provided by iDevAffiliate (even though it won't track order details), and insert the code into the place you mentioned? Even though it isn't a .gif?

Thanks for your help.
Yes, you could add provided by iDevAffiliate code into order confirmation page, but with some restrictions.

Since it is quite difficult to get total order cost and ordered items info on checkout page using javascript (technically it is possible, but require serious code changes), we recommend you to use your affiliate code without it. You need to add following code in the end of your 'Store' page:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
Ecwid.OnPageLoaded.add(function(page) {
 if (page.type === 'ORDER_CONFIRMATION') {
    (function() {
     var script;
     script = window.document.createElement('script');
     script.src = "http://affiliate.mydomain.com/affiliate/sale.php?profile=00000";  
            window.document.body.appendChild(script);
    })();
 }
});
</script>
You need to change 'http://affiliate.mydomain.com/affiliate/sale.php?profile=00000' link as needed. I have excluded from this script 'idev_saleamt' and 'idev_order num' parameters, which use for passing order details.

When new 10.2 version will be released, it would be better to remove above code from the page and insert your affiliate code in Ecwid control panel, which will allow you to track order details.

Once you have added this script, your affiliate code will be added to the order confirmation page. It allows you to track the fact of order placing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Roberts View Post
Maya could you please give an estimate time-frame on the 10.2 release?
New 10.2 version is on the testing stage now and we do our best to finish it as quick as possible. You can test next Ecwid version on our development server right now. Any help with testing will be very appreciated.

------------------
Old 12-05-2011, 12:07 AM

Hello Maya,

Thank you for your reply.

I inserted the code as indicated; however, it is only tracking the unique visitor number for the affiliate, but isn't recognising when the sale has gone through.

Is there something else I could do?

Thank you.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara West View Post
Hello Maya,

Thank you for your reply.

I inserted the code as indicated; however, it is only tracking the unique visitor number for the affiliate, but isn't recognising when the sale has gone through.

Is there something else I could do?

Thank you.
I suppose that sales doesn't track correctly with the script because no exact order data is transferred with it. As I wrote before, transferring order info like price and ordered items list is complicated and requires serious code changes.

It would be better to leave this script as it is and wait for 10.2 Ecwid release, which will contain functionality allowing you fully use your affiliate code.

------------------
Old 01-18-2013, 11:22 PM

I have a similar issue: running IDEVAFFILIATE 7 with ECWID. Visits are tracked properly but not sales, therefore, no commissions to my affiliates. The only instructions is to allow general pixel and to place the following code in ECWID Thanks page: <script type="text/javascript">
var image;
img.src =
"http://www.affiliated2health.com/idevaffiliate/sale.php?profile=72198&idev_salesmt=%order_total%& idev_ordernum=%order_id
%";
</script>
I have NO idea what to do: IDEVAFFILIATE support just say: this is an ECWID issue, IDEVAFFILIATE is fine.... I have dozens of affiliates waiting... HELP HELP

Last edited by Makfruit; 01-21-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelaerts View Post
I have a similar issue: running IDEVAFFILIATE 7 with ECWID. Visits are tracked properly but not sales, therefore, no commissions to my affiliates. The only instructions is to allow general pixel and to place the following code in ECWID Thanks page: <script type="text/javascript">
var image;
img.src =
"http://www.affiliated2health.com/idevaffiliate/sale.php?profile=72198&idev_salesmt=%order_total%& idev_ordernum=%order_id
%";
</script>
I have NO idea what to do: IDEVAFFILIATE support just say: this is an ECWID issue, IDEVAFFILIATE is fine.... I have dozens of affiliates waiting... HELP HELP
Hello,

Basically, the affiliate code on the tracking page does the following: when the order confirmation page opens, the javascript code you placed there executes. That is actually it - the code is executed as is, Ecwid doesn't check if the placed code is correct or contain necessary data. So, in order to troubleshoot the issue you faced, the following measures will need to be taken:
1) Verify the code is correct.
If there is a syntax error in the code itself, it will produce an error in customer browser and the necessary data will unlikely reach the iDev servers.
2) Verify that nothing prevents the code from executing on your site.
Since Ecwid store is integrated and acts like a part of your site, its functionality could be affected by your site functionality, so you will need to check whether the code at all executes.
3) Check whether the thank you page is reached by your customers at checkout.
As I mentioned above, the thank you for your order page at the end of checkout process is actually the trigger that makes the code execute. So, it is important to make sure your customers reach that page.

Let's start with the step #1. I've checked the code and it seems like it contains an error. Here, the code is wrapped into two lines:
Code:
 img.src = 
 "http://www.affiliated2health.com/idevaffiliate/sale.php?profile=72198&idev_salesmt=%order_total%&idev_ordernum=%order_id
 %";
As far as I understand, it should be a single line, so the line break after the 'order_id' should be removed. Please do it and check whether the code works fine.

As to the second step, I'll be glad to help you with it. If you don't mind, I'll place a test order on your site and look into the script behavior. Please let me know if it's needed.

P.S.: Please do not post the same topic in multiple threads. We monitor all the forum and do our best to reply to each question.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 01-21-2013, 11:00 AM

Thank you for supporting.
First, I have checked about the "Thank you page", and yes, when I finalise a purchase, a window open stating: thank you for your order, you will receive a confirmation in the mail.. I believe it is it. Now, I will look into the code and correct what you have suggested and let you know. Thanks a lot, I do need to resolve this issue.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
affiliation code