The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:13 PM

Customize shipping settings for individual products

How can we help you?

www.justhaiti.org

We sell 9 Haiti coffee products. 5 non-premium. 4 premium. Buyers shipping costs are based on how many bags they buy. We are using the free version.

We want to have a summer sale on just the 5 non-premium coffee products, with the stipulation that they have to buy at least 3 bags to receive free shipping.

I have unsuccessfully tried various solutions. I ultimately can't get by the global shipping settings. I was hoping I could set shipping settings for each product. Or for the group of 5 non-premium products. I did set up a unique summer sales shipping chart, but can't get it to work and can't get it to only work for the 5 sale products.

Am I out of luck, or do you have a possible solution.
Haiti thanks you!
Steve
Old 08-09-2017, 12:52 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Lamberty View Post
How can we help you?

www.justhaiti.org

We sell 9 Haiti coffee products. 5 non-premium. 4 premium. Buyers shipping costs are based on how many bags they buy. We are using the free version.

We want to have a summer sale on just the 5 non-premium coffee products, with the stipulation that they have to buy at least 3 bags to receive free shipping.

I have unsuccessfully tried various solutions. I ultimately can't get by the global shipping settings. I was hoping I could set shipping settings for each product. Or for the group of 5 non-premium products. I did set up a unique summer sales shipping chart, but can't get it to work and can't get it to only work for the 5 sale products.

Am I out of luck, or do you have a possible solution.
Haiti thanks you!
Steve
Hello Steve,

We already replied to your request via email. I will post the answer here for those who might be also interested in it.

In Ecwid, you can create several shipping methods in your store. You can do it in your Ecwid control panel > Settings > Shipping & Pickup tab. You can link these shipping options to different destination zones. If you create separate shipping methods for different zones, your customers will see only the shipping options that work for their location. For example, the customers from your country will not see the shipping methods that work internationally and vice versa.

All shipping methods configured on Shipping & Pickup page are applied to all products in the store that require shipping. It means, you can't link the shipping methods to certain products based on product type, sorry. We are planning to add the feature allowing to assign shipping methods to products. To my regret, I don't have any exact ETA for this at the moment.

If you'd like to customize the shipping cost per product, you may want to add a fixed rate per item. You can add this rate to a product in your Ecwid control panel > Catalog > Products > a product page > Tax & Shipping tab, please see the screenhsot:

Please, find the detailed info about Shipping freight per product here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...ingfreightnbsp

Also, if you want to offer free shipping for particular items in your store, you can use "Discount coupons" feature for it. A discount coupon code is a secret code which a customer can use to get a discount when making a purchase. It is possible to select one or several products or/and categories a coupon can be applied for. So this way you can setup a coupon for 5 items only, please see the screenhsot for example:

Here is the detailed info about Discount coupons: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...scount-Coupons

Also, as a workaround, you can link the shipping methods to certain products with the help of custom solution. Such customization is possible with the help of the Custom Shipping API, here is the link to our API docs: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation/ Please, pay your attention that development of such solution will require programming skills. If you need a professional help with such customization, you may want to hire a developer. In Ecwid, we offer a customization service on a paid basis. If you are interested in, please fill out this form: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv Our customization team will review your request and get back to you with the quote.

Hope this helps.
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
Old 10-01-2017, 07:08 PM

I'm in the process of testing ecwid and prestacart for my business, and so far shipping has been the only headache with Ecwid.

I need to offer flat rate FedEx shipping on some products (very heavy), local pickup as well (to save that shipping cost), and USPS flat rate on others (small and light).

When the customer is presented with the checkout this gets extremely confusing as 'all options are available', even though USPS would never ship the Heavy product, as the shopping cart would allow.

Am I missing an easy way to clean this up? It's on the verge of being deal-breaker-bad so I hope so?
Old 10-05-2017, 10:25 AM
Ecwid Team

Default Customize shipping settings for individual products

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your post.

If I get it right, you want to set the shipping rates based on the product weight. For this purpose, you should use the Custom Table shipping method. Please refer to our help center article for the detailed guidance: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...ng#Customtable

Please do not forget to set the product weight in the Catalog --> Products, select the product and set the value in the weight field.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.