The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-17-2015, 03:49 PM

Any way to synchronize current eBay listings with Ecwid?

So I started a part time business selling on eBay and I've gotten to the point where I have a couple hundred different items at a time up for sale, and I'm looking to expand. Ecwid so far is great in that I can integrate new listings with eBay and other selling platforms. This is perfect for branching out to increase sale. However, I still have about 150 listings on eBay that I've imported to Ecwid through CSV, and each time I sell one, I just have to go into Ecwid and manually edit the stock.

Is there any way currently to automatically synchronize the status listings that originate on eBay with my Ecwid store, Or will I have to keep manually editing until I'm out of the original stock of products?

It's really wonderful that when I export from Ecwid to eBay, items get updated automatically, and it's not a huge deal, it just would make life a lot easier if things also worked in the reverse.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:44 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by undefined9576 View Post
So I started a part time business selling on eBay and I've gotten to the point where I have a couple hundred different items at a time up for sale, and I'm looking to expand. Ecwid so far is great in that I can integrate new listings with eBay and other selling platforms. This is perfect for branching out to increase sale. However, I still have about 150 listings on eBay that I've imported to Ecwid through CSV, and each time I sell one, I just have to go into Ecwid and manually edit the stock.

Is there any way currently to automatically synchronize the status listings that originate on eBay with my Ecwid store, Or will I have to keep manually editing until I'm out of the original stock of products?

It's really wonderful that when I export from Ecwid to eBay, items get updated automatically, and it's not a huge deal, it just would make life a lot easier if things also worked in the reverse.
Hello,

Thank you very much for the question.

Ecwid allows connecting your store to Ebay and listing your products there. However, in this case the products must be uploaded to Ebay from Ecwid, but not to Ecwid from Ebay. Here's the instruction on how you may achieve that: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/port...037887-ebay-us

In this case the products will be synchronized with the list on Ebay by API and a special feed which Ecwid will be sending to Ebay automatically.

If you wish to make it happen vice-versa, importing product you already have on Ebay to Ecwid, there won't be such synchronization since Ebay does not send any information to Ecwid.

So, in order to achieve the goal of having your products both in Ecwid and on Ebay at the same time and having the stock controlled from Ecwid Control Panel, you would need to:

1. Import the products from Ebay to Ecwid by means of a CSV file as described here: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/port...-import-export

2. Remove the products from Ebay;

3. Upload them back to Ebay from your Ecwid store as it is described in this article: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/port...037887-ebay-us

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:54 PM

Thanks so much, Roman. That's what I suspected, but I just wanted to make sure. It makes sense now that you pointed out the flow of information going from Ecwid to eBay but not the other way around.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ebay