The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:13 AM

Mail sent with my name not the companies! Please Help

When I test my mail confirmations they turn up in my gmail account as "William" and not my company name.

This looks very unprofessional! How do I make the changes so it states it is FROM my Company??

Please help!!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:50 AM

You can change the email in 2 places in Ecwid control panel:
1) In the System Settings → Store Profile
2) Or separately from than in the System Settings → Mail → Customer Notificatons

The emails you use in these 2 options can differ from each other and from the email of your Ecwid account (the one you use to login).
Old 10-14-2011, 11:11 AM

Hi Eugene,

System Settings → Mail → Customer Notificatons is what sparked this issue in the first place. You cannot any longer set the sender here.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slice View Post
Hi Eugene,

System Settings → Mail → Customer Notificatons is what sparked this issue in the first place. You cannot any longer set the sender here.
Slice, a different email address can be set in both places I mentioned in my previous post. If, however, you wish to specify a contact name along with that address, then unfortunately such format is not supported yet - only the email address itself will be accepted.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:31 AM

This is crazy though! why does it not use the Company Name for the From not the name in front of the email! this is a poor fault.

I would imagine most businesses have a named email "bob@" or "info@" and this means the customer gets an email from Bob or Info not their actual company name! surely there must be a way to fix this??

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
email, mail, mail confirmation