The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:57 AM

Question

Pickup & Delivery

Hello,
I know when the customer buy 2 items, (one for Pickup) and (one for deliver) at the checkout, the system ask the customer to split the order in 2.
Is there a better way to notify the customer before spend long time to ordering, and by the end they have to start over to split the order?
And one more thing:
Some products have Next day delivery option (higher shipping rate) and some ground shipping. So if the customer bought both items, at the checkout shows the higher shipping rate options only, Can the customer select 2 shipping methods, or any other way?
Thank you

Last edited by GREENLAND MARKET; 10-16-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:25 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi there! This is Grace, Ecwid Team.

Thank you for your message.

Quote:
I know when the customer buy 2 items, (one for Pickup) and (one for deliver) at the checkout, the system ask the customer to split the order in 2.
Is there a better way to notify the customer before spend long time to ordering, and by the end they have to start over to split the order?
Yes, when a customer puts products with different shipping methods in the bag, they will be asked to split the order as the products in the bag need to be shipped using only a certain shipping method in Ecwid.

You can add this title to every products category description (Ecwid Control Panel -> Catalog -> Categories -> Description). Also, you can add to the descriptions of your products what shipping method they have rather pickup or delivery (Ecwid Control Panel -> Catalog -> Products -> Edit Product -> Description). And then with the help of Checkout Notices app place a title about ordering products with different shipping separately. So, the customers will know that different shipping requires different orders.

To add a title via Checkout Notices app, please follow the steps below:

1. Install Checkout Notices app;
2. Open it and select a place where you want your title display.
3. Type in a title and enable it: https://d.pr/IIjF2i
4. Save the changes.

Once you make it will look like on a screenshot: https://d.pr/fRaUk6

Quote:
Some products have Next day delivery option (higher shipping rate) and some ground shipping. So if the customer bought both items, at the checkout shows the higher shipping rate options only, Can the customer select 2 shipping methods, or any other way?
I’ve checked your store and I see that some products have “Use global shipping” (cheaper) and another “Specific shipping method”(more expensive). I’ve added these products to bag and was offered a shipping method that is mutual for these products. In case if products do not have mutual shipping customers will be asked to split the order. I’m sorry that there is no such built-it feature in Ecwid to select 2 shipping method at the checkout for now. In this case it’s better to create such shipping methods which will cover all items ordered and use automatic shipping methods. See more information about automatic shipping methods in the following article: Real-time rates from carriers.

Hope it helps you! If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach us out by following this link https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

Ecwid Customer Care team

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.