The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:55 PM

mini cart from the no website store preview

yo, I would like to add the mini cart version of the store page you get when you choose you do not have a website. I want to use this cart instead of the big one on my website as it suites my site better. any chance to do this?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by Total Protection 360; 11-14-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Protection 360 View Post
yo, I would like to add the mini cart version of the store page you get when you choose you do not have a website. I want to use this cart instead of the big one on my website as it suites my site better. any chance to do this?

thanks in advance.

Hello!

The page you’ve described is our “Starter site” - a one-page website automatically generated and available to all Ecwid users. So, this is actually a pre-made complete website, that doesn’t have to fit in any existing one - for this we have our plugins and widget. So, originally the shopping cart from starter site is exclusive for it, and wasn’t meant to be used anywhere else, but it is still technically possible to add it to your primary website.

Yet, it is a workaround, not a prefabricated solution.
If you’d like to try this out, you should first insert the following code to the source of the page where your shop is located:

Code:
<div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?1524017" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"> xMinicart("style=","layout=attachToCategories"); </script>
</div>
After this, you’ll have to add the following to the end of your CSS code, which can be found in Ecwid control panel > System settings > Design, where you can either create new CSS theme or modify custom one you are using, to paste the code you can find by this link: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=HftPQBen

Please mind, that this will actually leave you with two shopping bags, that should be situated on one spot, so this solution might also require you to move minicart around a bit.

So, as I’ve said, this is not a fully-working solution, and if you wouldn’t want to experiment and spend time to make this look better, please consider using “mini” version of the minicart, if you don’t like the default one. This article will provide you with the code for mini-version, and for moving minicart: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...01202-minicart

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.