The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:50 PM

How may I add html code on a page where there is a Single Product Widget?

I have inserted the ProductBrowser+theJava script code that calls only one product, in a new page.

Then, I have put some HTML code above and below this code.

When I go to checkout, if I am in the ONE-PRODUCT page (the one with the ProductBrowser+java) the Cart window does not open, while instead, if I am in any other page it does.

Is this normal?

Thanks

Joe
Old 07-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi Joe,

Please provide your store URL and explain how we can reproduce the issue. Thank you.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 07-27-2012, 01:06 PM

Hi Matvey

Thank you for your reply!

store url: http://www.cellulitestop.it/

product broswer page: http://www.cellulitestop.it/prodotti.html

Page where I am testing only ONE product: http://www.cellulitestop.it/testUNprodotto.html

The purpose of this test is because I have only ONE MAIN product to sell, and I'd like to show information that the OneProduct-HTML does not show: availability, share buttosn etc.

Thanks
Joe
Old 07-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Ecwid Team

Joe,

Thank you for the details. I've inspected your site and I don't see any issue - I successfully added the product to the cart, opened the cart page and proceed to the checkout. Could you please clarify:
- What happens when you add the product to the cart?
- What is the expected result? Why?

Also, any screenshot or step-by-step instruction of how to reproduce the issue will be helpful. Thanks.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 07-27-2012, 01:59 PM

Default screen shots

The cart works just fine, but when it opens I can still see the text abobe and below.
It would be nice if it would open in a pop up.
This happens only if I am not in a page that has the ProductBrowser..
I am sending a screen shot of opening the cart when I am in the home.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cart_in_home_page.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1335   Click image for larger version

Name:	cart_in_page_with_product_browser_and_java.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	1336  
Old 07-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Scavone View Post
The cart works just fine, but when it opens I can still see the text abobe and below.
It would be nice if it would open in a pop up.
This happens only if I am not in a page that has the ProductBrowser..
I am sending a screen shot of opening the cart when I am in the home.
Thanks
Thank you for the screenshots.

This article explains how Ecwid widgets behave with or without product browser on the page:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853260/...ductBrowserURL

Basing on the article, can you explain what do you want to achieve? Do you want Ecwid widgets to always work in a popup-like window or you don't want a popup to appear at all?

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
Giuseppe Scavone (07-27-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 02:23 PM

I would like the EcWid widgets ALWAYS to work in a popup-like window (by the way, these pop-up cannot be blocked by the browsers, right?)
Thank you

What I mean, is that, if I am in my Single-Page product, http://www.cellulitestop.it/testUNprodotto.html
I would like the Shopping Cart (and all other ECwid widgets) to open in a NEW popup-like window.

Last edited by Makfruit; 08-01-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I would like the EcWid widgets ALWAYS to work in a popup-like window (by the way, these pop-up cannot be blocked by the browsers, right?)
Thank you
Those are not technically popup windows - they are just the elements inside the main window of your sit, they just look like as if they were separate floating windows, but they aren't. So, they of course may not be blocked by the browsers.

If you want Ecwid to be always displayed in the popups, you need to delete the product browser widget from your page and embed the single product HTML codes from the Ecwid control panel > Catalog > Products > /any product/ > HTML Code page.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:39 PM

Hi
thanks.. but by doing so I will miss some nice features of the cart such as "availability". Is there is no way around this, I think that it is a serious limitation of the software for all the people that want to have just one product on the landing page.. for example all the thousand of people that do direct selling (e.g. TV sales)
are you sure there is no way around?
Thank you, very much
Giuseppe
Old 08-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hi
thanks.. but by doing so I will miss some nice features of the cart such as "availability". Is there is no way around this, I think that it is a serious limitation of the software for all the people that want to have just one product on the landing page.. for example all the thousand of people that do direct selling (e.g. TV sales)
are you sure there is no way around?
Thank you, very much
Giuseppe
Giuseppe,

I'm sorry, I think there is no limitation at all.

As you said, you want to have one product on a separate page and your customers need to be able to view that product's details and add it to the cart on that page. Well, it currently works this way - nothing prevents your site visitors from buying that product from either the store page or landing page. As far as I can see, the only thing you want to add is a popup-like design, but as Eugene explained in his message, those are not actually popup windows, they are just the HTML elements designed in popup-like manner. So, if I get it right, the only difference is actually a grey frame around the widget, which makes it look like a separate window. However, its absense doesn't affect any functionality - your customer can view the product details, add it to the cart and proceed with checkout.

As for the design, since Ecwid integrates with the page and acts like a part of it regardless of a layout, you can always adjust the design according to your needs. So, I think it is not a problem. You can use custom CSS themes and scripts that use Ecwid JavaScript API for such purposes.

The other thing I'd like to suggest in this case is to redirect your customers to your store page upon adding the product to the cart. This way the product will be displayed on the landing page, and when a customer clicks the 'Add to cart' button, the store page is automatically opened. There, the customer is suggested to either continue shopping (if there are other products in the store) or proceed with the checkout. Such a redirection can be done with the help of Ecwid JS API as well. Please let me know if you're interested in that and I will provide more details.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
Giuseppe Scavone (08-03-2012)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
single product widget