The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Webpartner

How to change the size (taller) of the Product description?

Does anyone know how to change the size of the Product description? I want to make it taller. I added some larger fonts which pushed the description down into the "You May Also Like" area," and now the two areas are interfering with each other. Help! Site review tomorrow
Old 11-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thais Zoe View Post
Does anyone know how to change the size of the Product description? I want to make it taller. I added some larger fonts which pushed the description down into the "You May Also Like" area," and now the two areas are interfering with each other. Help! Site review tomorrow
Hi,
If you want to change the size of product descriptions, please refer to this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/23718292/...20descriptions

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Webpartner

Thanks Eugene,

But, I don't want to change the appearance of the product description itself. I want to insert more space between the end of the product description and the "You May Also Like" below the description area. Currently they are overlapping.

Here's a link to show you what I mean:http://www.luckyduckliving.com/shop-...89&id=10746676
Old 11-12-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Thanks Eugene,

But, I don't want to change the appearance of the product description itself. I want to insert more space between the end of the product description and the "You May Also Like" below the description area. Currently they are overlapping.

Here's a link to show you what I mean:http://www.luckyduckliving.com/shop-...89&id=10746676
You don't need to insert extra spacing. Such a display of element is abnormal, and that is what you need to fix, not to add something into that pile.

The elements overlap because of this rule:
Code:
body.page.page-id-1795 #content p, #content ul, #content ol, #content dd, #content pre, #content hr {
margin-bottom: 4px;
height: 0px;
}
which can be found at the line 170 of the source code of http://www.luckyduckliving.com/shop-build-ecwid/

This rule effectively sets the height of the unordered list item in the content of the page equal to zero. So, browser follows that rule and renders the unordered list as an element that has no effective height (the list items from within that list are still showing, because the rule does not tell them to be hidden).

It happened so that the last element in the description of the product you refer to is the unordered list with many items inside it. Despite the fact the items are visible, the list has the effective height of 0 according to the CSS on the page, so the overflowing inner content of the list overlaps with whatever comes next (in that exact case - the related products element).

I don't think you really need such a strange rule that may affect other places on this page, not only the display of related products. I'd suggest to just remove that rule from the <style> tag on that page.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Webpartner

Hi Eugene,

I did a search for the rule:

body.page.page-id-1795 #content p, #content ul, #content ol, #content dd, #content pre, #content hr {
}

I did not find it in the html of my product description, nor of my Shop-Build-ECWID css page.

Could you please tell me step by step how I do what you are suggesting?

Thank you!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Hi Eugene,

I did a search for the rule:

}

I did not find it in the html of my product description, nor of my Shop-Build-ECWID css page.

Could you please tell me step by step how I do what you are suggesting?

Thank you!
Eugene means the source code of your http://www.luckyduckliving.com/shop-build-ecwid/ page, not the product description of CSS theme. What you need to do it open http://www.luckyduckliving.com/shop-build-ecwid/ page for editing (this can be done via your Wordpress admin panel -> Pages -> select this page there -> click "HTML" tab) and remove that rule from the <style> tag. Then save the changes.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Webpartner

Hi Kess, I could not locate the code within this page either. I have attached a screenshot of the html view for my wordpress shop-build-eciwd page for your reference.

What am I missing?

Specifically what section am I supposed to remove from the attached html screenshot?

Thank you!
Thais
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ECWID.htmlspaceproblem.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1618  
Old 11-14-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Hi Kess, I could not locate the code within this page either. I have attached a screenshot of the html view for my wordpress shop-build-eciwd page for your reference.

What am I missing?

Specifically what section am I supposed to remove from the attached html screenshot?

Thank you!
Thais
Please accept my apologies - I have once again checked your site, and this rule actually belongs to your Wordpress them, and is located between <head></head> tags. Thus to change it, you need to modify the Wordpress theme itself - in Wordpress this is done in Appearance- Editor. You need to find the part, responsible for the <head></head> part, and edit it.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.