The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:35 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Haynes View Post
I have had 3 order placed and only 1 of them tracked. Not sure why. Over the past few days I have read all the forum lost related to this and updated PayPal accordingly. Any idea what may be wrong?
http://www.grayareabrand.com/clothing
Hello,

Did it track corresponding Ecwid pages visits for those two orders? Do you see your store pages in the reports in GA back-end? See also: How do Ecwid pages look in GA backend?

In other words, the problem is only connected with the sales reports for those orders or GA has tracked nothing related to them at all?

I can check whether the tracking code properly executes. In order to do it I will need to place a test order in your store. Would you mind if I do it?

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
M. Haynes (10-23-2012)
Old 10-23-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makfruit View Post
Hello,

Did it track corresponding Ecwid pages visits for those two orders? Do you see your store pages in the reports in GA back-end? See also: How do Ecwid pages look in GA backend?

In other words, the problem is only connected with the sales reports for those orders or GA has tracked nothing related to them at all?

I can check whether the tracking code properly executes. In order to do it I will need to place a test order in your store. Would you mind if I do it?
It looks like /checkout/shippingDetails and /checkout/paymentDetails were both tracked. I don't mind if you do a test. Do I need to enable the demo payment for you?
Old 10-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
It looks like /checkout/shippingDetails and /checkout/paymentDetails were both tracked. I don't mind if you do a test. Do I need to enable the demo payment for you?
Hello,

I've tested it on your site (I temporary enabled Phone order payment and placed a test order). As far as I can see, the tracking code successfully loads and executes, nothing should prevent sales from being tracked. Can you please check whether my test order was added to your analytics stats?

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 10-23-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Hello,

I've tested it on your site (I temporary enabled Phone order payment and placed a test order). As far as I can see, the tracking code successfully loads and executes, nothing should prevent sales from being tracked. Can you please check whether my test order was added to your analytics stats?
Yup it tracked. It's weird that the other two did not. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Hello,

I just got another sale and it did not track. Not sure if there is anything you can do, but I just wanted to let you know.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
I just got another sale and it did not track. Not sure if there is anything you can do, but I just wanted to let you know.
Hello,

Since it is not caused by some code issues, it is most likely related to the buying process. I've inspected your store's log files and looked into how the recently placed order was processed. As far as I can see, the reason why the sale you referred to has not been registered in GA is the customer didn't return to the order confirmation page from PayPal. Please find the details in these posts:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...9463#post59463
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...4428#post34428

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 10-24-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Hello,

Since it is not caused by some code issues, it is most likely related to the buying process. I've inspected your store's log files and looked into how the recently placed order was processed. As far as I can see, the reason why the sale you referred to has not been registered in GA is the customer didn't return to the order confirmation page from PayPal. Please find the details in these posts:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...9463#post59463
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...4428#post34428
Ok, thanks for looking into this for me. So it looks like it is related to folks signing up. Got it. With the exception of this small little issue, I love the product and plan on upgrading.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Ok, thanks for looking into this for me. So it looks like it is related to folks signing up. Got it. With the exception of this small little issue, I love the product and plan on upgrading.
Thank you.

I'd like to share some of our plans regarding this issue.

1. We are currently investigating whether it is possible to send sales data to GA servers when a customer doesn't return to the store after payment. Probably, we will be able to somehow overcome this issue on our side, for example by means of emulating customer's cookies in the requests from our servers to GA ones. It is not an easy solution but hopefully it is possible - in this case we will make the corresponding changes in Ecwid code in the future versions.

2. In the version 13 of Ecwid, which will be released very soon, the PayFlow Link payment method will be added. It will allow your customers to pay for an order on your site. In other words, if you use PayFlow Link payment method, your customer won't have to leave your site and go to PayPal for payment - the whole checkout process will be kept within your store. It will apparently solve the issue with not returning customers and GA tracking - every sale will be successfully tracked regardless of whether a customer decide to sign up with Paypal or to pay with credit card.

UPDATE: the PayPal Payflow Link payment method is already available in Ecwid:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853304/...ymentsAdvanced

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

Last edited by Makfruit; 03-16-2013 at 12:52 PM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
conversion tracking, google analytics, load time