The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:21 PM

Can this be done?

Hi,

I am evaluating ecwid. Looks good, but I have a few questions before we can say it will work for our unique requirements. I very much hope someone more experience than I with ecwid can help.

We are a non-profit and one of our "products" (a documentary film on DVD) is free with a free shipping option (this option is grant-supported). Other items have price tags attached to them, with all profits going to cancer research.

1) Will the payment provider step be skipped if the order total is $0? If not, can it be customized so it is skipped? The idea here is we need to export $0 orders so they can be fulfilled, but we don't want to show them anything requiring credit card entry in that case.

2) This free product is limited to one copy per customer. Is there a way to do that?

3) One product is a poster. There are two options for this product: signed by the movie director and personalized with a custom message. The personalized version is $10 more. We have prototyped setting the options and increasing the price. That works well. Is it possible to customize so that, if the personalized option is chosen, a textarea control appears so the customer can enter the text of their personalization? This text needs to somehow end up in the fulfillment export (CSV).

Thank you in advance for your help!

Chris
Old 08-30-2010, 12:31 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by putucarr View Post
Hi,

I am evaluating ecwid. Looks good, but I have a few questions before we can say it will work for our unique requirements. I very much hope someone more experience than I with ecwid can help.

We are a non-profit and one of our "products" (a documentary film on DVD) is free with a free shipping option (this option is grant-supported). Other items have price tags attached to them, with all profits going to cancer research.

1) Will the payment provider step be skipped if the order total is $0? If not, can it be customized so it is skipped? The idea here is we need to export $0 orders so they can be fulfilled, but we don't want to show them anything requiring credit card entry in that case.

2) This free product is limited to one copy per customer. Is there a way to do that?

3) One product is a poster. There are two options for this product: signed by the movie director and personalized with a custom message. The personalized version is $10 more. We have prototyped setting the options and increasing the price. That works well. Is it possible to customize so that, if the personalized option is chosen, a textarea control appears so the customer can enter the text of their personalization? This text needs to somehow end up in the fulfillment export (CSV).

Thank you in advance for your help!

Chris
Chris,

1. No, the payment step cannot be skipped. However you can skip the "Shipping" step, if you don't assign any weight to your product. Also we're planning to improve the process of purchasing zero items to make it more convenient and fast.

2. No, unfortunately. At this moment it’s impossible.

3. You can add the text area to a product, however it's always shown regardless the values of other options.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 06-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Ecwid Team

The 'Skip payment method selection, if the order total is zero' feature has been released with the version 11 of Ecwid.

Please refer to this article for the information on how to set it up:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853256/...tioninthiscase

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
customization, evaluation, javascript, requirements