The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:47 AM

Label items as "SOLD"

Hi,

I found a link that says Ecwid now has the functionality for sellers to label items in the store as "SOLD", but I do not understand how to enable this.

I really don't want items to display as "out of stock".

Could someone explain if it's possible for the word "SOLD" to appear underneath an item that is displayed?

Or would it display only in the checkout box where the price is showing?

THANKS!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS_1OA View Post
Hi,

I found a link that says Ecwid now has the functionality for sellers to label items in the store as "SOLD", but I do not understand how to enable this.

I really don't want items to display as "out of stock".

Could someone explain if it's possible for the word "SOLD" to appear underneath an item that is displayed?

Or would it display only in the checkout box where the price is showing?

THANKS!
Quote:
I found a link that says Ecwid now has the functionality for sellers to label items in the store as "SOLD",
Can you please share this link?
Old 08-29-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
Can you please share this link?

Yes, here it is - it's from 2010 and the Ecwid rep said to rename "out of stock" text to "sold" and directed the poster to a link about label names and values, but I just didn't understand how or what to alter to make the "SOLD" label appear.

http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...ducts-as-sold-

Also, Eugene, would there be any way to have the "SOLD" label appear underneath a displayed listing, and deactivate the link so that it would not be clickable?

I would prefer to leave sold items on display so that patrons can view past inventory to get an idea of work offered, but would just like the photo to show the item as sold and not be an active link.

THANKS!
Old 08-30-2012, 01:33 PM

As to changing the texts in an Ecwid shop, please, refer to this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront

The link from the product listing to the product details page will not be deactivated once you follow the proposed steps - customers will still be able to proceed to product details page and, for example, share or bookmark it to return later.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
As to changing the texts in an Ecwid shop, please, refer to this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront

The link from the product listing to the product details page will not be deactivated once you follow the proposed steps - customers will still be able to proceed to product details page and, for example, share or bookmark it to return later.

Eugene,

** Editing this post to say I figured it out!

I was placing the code in the CSS section instead of HTML widget on website.

I also learned that if you've previously placed javascript and you need to add more, you don't repeat the entire code, but rather just the line that you're adding, because otherwise, the second set will override the first set of code.

Learning as I go!

Last edited by PS_1OA; 08-31-2012 at 06:51 AM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.