The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:06 PM

Mobile site - Product images are too small and logo too big

In my mobile store, Ktha by Pallavi Goenka, I have loaded all the images as per the recommended sizes.

But in the mobile store: http://ktha.ecwid.com, the logo is too big and the product images are very small. I have checked this on both Blackberry and iPhone.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallavi.goenka View Post
In my mobile store, Ktha by Pallavi Goenka, I have loaded all the images as per the recommended sizes.

But in the mobile store: http://ktha.ecwid.com, the logo is too big and the product images are very small. I have checked this on both Blackberry and iPhone.
1. 250x250px isn't the recommended size for the mobile catalog's logo. It is the max size of the image you can upload. So please upload a smaller image on the System Settings -> General -> Mobile version page.

2. Ecwid's mobile catalog is designed for all kinds of mobile devices, not for the smart-phones only. That' why it doesn't use JavaScript at all (many old phones just cannot use it properly) and have small images (3G isn't still very popular in the world, GPRS can be very slow and expensive in some countries).

Maybe we will add a separate mobile version for smart-phones only, which will have bigger images and some neat JS animations.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 08-08-2012, 10:03 PM

Default Mobile Store product pictures too small!!!!

Still waiting on a better version of the mobile store. The pictures are too small and clients like to go mobile nowadays. Ecwid please do something!!! Thanks.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:53 AM

Default Mobile Product images way too small

Have you done anything about this? The mobile store is virtually useless as customers can't see products
Old 10-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

The current Ecwid mobile catalog was designed to be suitable for all kinds of mobile devices: smart phones as well as feature-phones. Most feature phones have limited capabilities to process HTML and Javascript, furthermore they normally are on slow internet.
If you happen to have customers with feature phones they wouldn't appreciate that the large products pics are loaded very slow.

However we do realize that the mobile industry has been grown exceedingly, the internet has become faster and faster on mobiles. For ex., LTE testings shown that this standard could provide internet speeds as high as usual wireless.

Therefore at present we're working on developing an absolutely new mobile version of Ecwid. It will be much more enhanced and up to date.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 10-05-2012, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the info when will it be available.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Yellow Bird Products:1682344@deleted's Avatar
Yellow Bird Products:1682344@deleted Yellow Bird Products:1682344@deleted is offline

Same Here, we are new in ecwid and testing the mobile catalog. The pictures are very small, we believe nobody will purchase any item from the mobile catalog as the images are the most important fact in the type of product we sell.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Bird Products View Post
Same Here, we are new in ecwid and testing the mobile catalog. The pictures are very small, we believe nobody will purchase any item from the mobile catalog as the images are the most important fact in the type of product we sell.
Hi,

Yes, good images are very important especially for your products.We have already started the work on changing Ecwid's design to make it responsive and suitable for all platforms including mobile devices. Please, vote for this idea:
http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...-it-responsive
and we'll notify you when the implementation is completed.
The new features are already developed considering the new responsive design and are in testing now. We plan to release a part of them very soon.

Thus the separate mobile version as you see it now will not be needed soon. This version is targeted at those older mobile devices like cellphones that don't have that level of Javascript support (the base underlying technology for Ecwid) and screens resolution as modern smart phones have. So it’s not recommended to use it as a main store. Almost all modern mobile browsers are capable to handle the website content in its full view. Still if you happen to have customers with feature phones (i.e. not smart phones) they wouldn't appreciate that for ex. the large products pics are loaded very slow or make it difficult to browse the store content.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
Old 03-21-2014, 05:53 AM

i cant see pictures of my product in mobile version of ecwid....wat is wronG?
Old 03-21-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishwarya taparia View Post
i cant see pictures of my product in mobile version of ecwid....wat is wronG?
Thank you very much for the message. Happy to help you.

I wasn't able to reproduce the described issue, I was able to browse your catalog and product images are visible.

One, little thing, there is no products within the 'Rings' category as far as I can see. Could this be related to the issue?

Please, let me know are you still able to reproduce the issue? The following information will help us to investigate it and find out the necessary solution for you.

- What is the web page where we can reproduce the issue(URL)?
- On which devices?
- In which browsers?

Look forward to hearing from you!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
images, mobile store