The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:32 PM

Ecwid shopping bag question

Hi, How can I place the Ecwid shopping bag on my website Home page in Wix?? Is this possible? Thanks.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Todd View Post
Hi, How can I place the Ecwid shopping bag on my website Home page in Wix?? Is this possible? Thanks.
Hello!

By dint of the Ecwid application for Wix Editor you can expand online store on your website, but only in a separate tab which is called “Online store”. You can read the information about instalation here: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/en/p...x#Installation

If I have understood you correctly, you want to place on your Home Page the minicart widget which displays the count of items in the shopping bag. You should do the following:
  1. Open "Online store" page in Wix Editor and double-click on the store container area (or click “Settings” button), then in the pop up area choose “Design” tab. After that you will see a page that looks like this:

2. Then you should press the button “+ Add to site” for Minicart widget and choose “HOME” (or any other site page you want) in drop-down list.
  3. Shopping bag displaying the count of items is on place, and you can change its location on the page simply to press and pull in the right direction.
The Following User Says Thank You to Irene S For This Useful Post:
Helen Todd (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 04:41 PM

Default Shopping Bag question

Thanks Irene! I've now got the shopping bag to appear on the header part of my site so it's always in one place, but even the Minicart icon is large. How can I customise this (in a simple way) to make it smaller? Thanks.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:33 AM

Hello,

I’m glad my advice was helpful.

Quote:
I've now got the shopping bag to appear on the header part of my site so it's always in one place
Generally it is possible to make the minicart staying on the same place while scrolling, it’s called a floating mode. You can find instructions how to implement it here. But unfortunately this feature doesn’t work for Wix sites because Wix doesn’t support adding scripts for widgets.

Quote:
but even the Minicart icon is large. How can I customise this (in a simple way) to make it smaller?
You can’t change proportions saving all the elements on the minicart, but you can crop the text “Shopping bag” and “Open bag” in order to make it smaller. Please follow these instructions: https://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthr...167#post146167

Also you can set the minicart position for each page. You should go to Wix editor, open the page where you added the minicart, and open Toolbar:

To change the minicart location you should set its position on Toolbar. If you want to set the same position for every page, turn on “Show on all Pages” option as it’s shown below.

The Following User Says Thank You to Irene S For This Useful Post:
Helen Todd (05-21-2016)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.