The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-02-2019, 08:35 PM

Flat rate for United States shows for Canada and UPS rate does not

How can we help you?
I am offering flat rate shipping of $20 to United States customers but would like UPS to calculate shipping to Canada. Every time I enable the shipping option for Canada it only shows the $20 flat rate on my store front. I have disabled the shipping option for Canada until I can figure this out. I listed the correct countries by the appropriate shipping options.
Please provide the link to your storefront

Last edited by Huibrecht Berger; 11-24-2019 at 03:05 AM.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:09 AM
Ecwid Team

Default Shipping Rates

Hi there!

My it’s Ivan, I’m from Ecwid Care Team. Let me help you with this!

I see that in your store you have $20 Shipping Method. I’ve tried to place a test order and I noticed that $20 shipping fee is added before I reach shipping details during checkout.

I’ve checked out in your store, you have specified shipping rate for your active product . That means that you have fixed shipping rate for this product and that is why when added an item to a cart you get $20 flat rate only.

So to make it work right way, you should switch shipping rates to “Global Rates” in your product settings. Global Rates are those rates, which you have in your Ecwid Control Panel > Shipping & Pick Up and can be applied to products that don’t have specified shipping rates. Please follow these steps to apply the Global Rates for a product:
  1. Go to your Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Products .
  2. Start editing the “Fingerboard” product.
  3. Go to the “Tax and Shipping” Tab.
  4. Choose the “Use Global Rates” shipping method:
    https://ecwid.d.pr/TppfDH
  5. Save the changes.

Now you can enable UPS Automatic Rates in your Ecwid Control Panel > Shipping & Pick UP and place a Test Order to Canada using correct ZIP Code. Please note that carriers may use different shipping options to different destinations. In your UPS Standard to Canada method settings, you have only two shipping options now:
https://ecwid.d.pr/y5PNQb

Make sure that you’ve enabled all the shipping options that are necessary to ship to Canada. Please follow the link if you need more information about Automatic Calculated Shipping rates .

Hope that will help! If you have any other questions you can contact us directly via online chat or emails.

Regards,

Ivan K.

Ecwid Team

Last edited by Sara B.; 11-05-2019 at 11:26 AM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.