The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 10:08 AM

I would absolutley LOVE this feature to work. We are also a manufacturer - some products we class as unlimited because we make them same day. Others we have stock levels because there is a 2 week time scale because of the manufacturing process if we run out.

So I am watching with baited breath
Old 11-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Verne - sounds like a good workaround in principal, but how do you plan to hide the category so nobody will stumble across it accidentally?
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/27229589/...and-categories

With this workaround applied, customers will not be able to find a category. However, products from it will appear in search results, if you use a search widget.

Quote:
Problem: I also have used the CSS to hide "breadcrumbs" (so the customer does not find the Backorder category) and also to hide the Subcategory Icons in the Product Browser (so the customer is led to navigate using only the Category Tab widget with cascading Subcategories). Because of this setup, I can not simply link the "Backorder" button directly to the main Subcategory under Backorder (Backorder > Apperal) since if I do - the Product Browser will only show the word "Apperal" which is not clickable.
It is better to hide your category using the way I posted above.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 12-15-2011, 09:43 PM

How did it all work out for you Verne? did the work around work ok?
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.