The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:24 PM

Yet another SEO Url question

An SEO question about duplicate content and SEO Url's.

I can put together a catalog of my products on my site that will effectively give clean Urls. I can then add a "Buy Now" button that would take the visitor to my ecwid store. The store product page would essentially have the same product description/information as the ecwid product page.
The question I have is:
Would google see this the same as duplicate articles? Would I/my site get penalised for duplicate content?

I see this as being an effective way to get the SEO friendly Url's until they are implemented by ecwid, but don't want to do this if it's a bad Panda or Penguin idea?
Old 01-07-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldous dous View Post
According to GOOGLE PANDA your site will be penalized for duplicate content?
Yes. I found the relatively easy answer here... (use canonical tags)

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...canonical.html
The Following User Says Thank You to hoosker For This Useful Post:
Viktor D. (01-08-2014)
Old 01-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Thank you for this interesting topic. I'd like to add in my two cents.

Although in many cases, duplicate content is not an issue at all (see this thread for the details), it's better to avoid it when possible to prevent any penalties from search engines. And as you properly suggested, the canonical tags is the best way to do it. See also these Google's recommendations on the matter: https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/66359?hl=en

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
hoosker (07-18-2014)
Old 07-18-2014, 01:33 AM

Default How does this work on wix app

So I just realized i have a store url on ecwid domain which mirros my exact info on my own domain inside my wix app shop from ecwid.

Is this app already taking care of the canonicals? Do i have a way to turn off my actual storefront on ecwid domain? or no index those urls?

I do see i can no index my ecwid store page on wix editor, which i really dont want to do, but given the risks, may have to, would appreciate an official or more expert clarification and input on this matter.

thanks
Old 07-18-2014, 01:47 AM

I need to clarify something for myself here by someone who knows: how can i avoid getting duplicate content penalty as there is two of each page, one on my store.ecwid.com and one on my wixdomain.com store, with identical content with very little deviation. Can you please help me understand how this is handled by Google and how I can avoid potential issues with duplicate content on two separate pages. I can easily live with the duplicate title and description issues as i have separate pages on wix itself targeting seo, but i do not want to get duplicate penalties and this is a question to ask.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2014, 03:59 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by olb View Post
I need to clarify something for myself here by someone who knows: how can i avoid getting duplicate content penalty as there is two of each page, one on my store.ecwid.com and one on my wixdomain.com store, with identical content with very little deviation. Can you please help me understand how this is handled by Google and how I can avoid potential issues with duplicate content on two separate pages. I can easily live with the duplicate title and description issues as i have separate pages on wix itself targeting seo, but i do not want to get duplicate penalties and this is a question to ask.

Thanks
Hello Ali.

Starter site is not indexed by search engines in any way so you can be sure that the content on your Wix storefront doesn’t get duplicated in search results by Starter site. Currently Ecwid stores that were added as an app for Wix websites are indexed automatically by search engines just like Ecwid plugins for Joomla and Wordpress sites.

Ecwid is an AJAX application and so are all websites that are made in WIx site builder, therefore these websites use #! in links, which means that they are compatible with the Google AJAX specification. Wix provides unique links for all its applications which request for the needed content.
You can test it yourself by replacing the “#!” with “?_escaped_fragment_=” in the address bar of your browser.
For example: http://rimme8.wix.com/test?_escaped_...nt_=books/cnec

You can check how your website is indexed by Google using Google webmaster tools.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
catalog, seo, url