The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:49 PM

Exclamation

Problem with paypal

Hi there.
I'm experiencing problems with the new e-commerce of my site.
We have had two payments using paypal standard which didn't end well.
The two customers told us that everything went well until the data page of paypal.
The first one couldn't go on inserting the data on the paypal site, because it freezed suddenly.
The second one has the same problem, but on the credit card site.
We only had this two payment with paypal. I just wanted to know if it is a problem related to ecwid (I mean, maybe a mistake in following this ) or if it is a problem related to paypal.
Thanks in advance for your reply!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:22 AM

I have inspected your Ecwid setup and noticed that you were using PayPal Website Payments Standard payment processor for both PayPal and Credit Card payment methods in your store. So, both of the times, when customers who got that problem proceeded tro a payment page, they were actually seeing the PayPal page.

As far as I know there is no such misconfiguration that could lead to a "freezing" page on the PayPal site. It is either a browser or network issue or the PayPal issue.

Currently those payment methods are disabled in your store and I cannot try to reproduce the problem. Anyway, I'd suggest to contact PayPal support on this matter.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:00 AM

I'm sorry, we have disabled the paypal standard method to avoid problems with other customers. Now I've just enabled it, so feel free to test ;-).
As for the paypal side...
I've asked their support service, and they told me that they don't have any problem with any credit card, and that there should have been some trouble configuring the store with the paypal button by inserting the code string for each credit card.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.