The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 06:21 AM

Writing a carrier add-on

Hi guys,

Is it possible to plug in to the checkout phase and offer a custom carrier to provide real-time shipping quotes? Apart from the existing ones; I'd like to be able to return shipping rates based on address details entered by the customer on checkout.

Paul
Old 02-03-2016, 01:31 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Appleyard View Post
Hi guys,

Is it possible to plug in to the checkout phase and offer a custom carrier to provide real-time shipping quotes? Apart from the existing ones; I'd like to be able to return shipping rates based on address details entered by the customer on checkout.

Paul
Hi Paul,
Thank you for the question!

As far as I understand, you would like to add a custom carrier company to calculate the shipping rates in your store. Unfortunately, the carrier-calculated shipping method is only available to use with one of the carrier companies listed here: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/en/...shippingmethods

As an alternative solution, you can emulate the work of the carrier company you'd like to add with the help of Custom Tables. To do so, you can first create several Destination Zones (country regions, for example) and then create a custom table for every zone according to what shipping rates the carrier company you'd like to emulate has. There is more information on how to set up the Custom Tables in the following article: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/en/...ing#Customtable

We are always glad to help if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:14 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Appleyard View Post
Hi guys,

Paul
Hi Everyone!

Thank you, Antea, for the helpful reply.

Paul,

We are working on creating such possibility at the moment, so hopefully you will be able to check it out soon.

It will work as an app for Ecwid using API: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation and once this functionality is implemented, you will be able to connect a 3-rd party carrier-calculated shipping method right into the checkout of an Ecwid store.

I will update you here when it's released.
Thank you.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:43 PM
Ecwid Team

Great news!

It's now possible to integrate a new shipping carrier and provide real-time shipping methods with different rates for the Ecwid store customers using Custom Shipping API. This functionality will work in the form of an application that users install from the Ecwid App Market.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
carriers, checkout, shipping