The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:15 PM

Password protect downloadable files..

Hi ..
I have a folder in my website which i want to password protect to the non-paying visitor or outside persons.I only want the folder to be accessible by paying members.I have a paypal button for pay.How do I include this button in ecwid and make the downloadable files password protected to others?
Old 03-03-2010, 10:45 PM

ecwid can make files available to customers once they have paid. I do not think it can make a folder accessible by a paying member.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLove View Post
ecwid can make files available to customers once they have paid. I do not think it can make a folder accessible by a paying member.
It's possible to put login and password to this folder to a text file and assign this file to the necessary product.

So customers purchase it, get a text file with the credentials and go to a folder for files.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 06-03-2010, 02:07 PM

Default how?

How can you password protect a certain folder? Here's my question, I have a client who is a photographer, she wants to be able to show her clients their photos (anyone can see it, but only that client can purchase it).

For example, Joe had photos done and my client puts them up available to be purchased. Mary can look at Joe's photos but cannot purchase them, only Joe can with the right password.

Is this possible? Did that make sense? I tried explaining it as best as I could. Please let me know right away.

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Yodice2 View Post
How can you password protect a certain folder? Here's my question, I have a client who is a photographer, she wants to be able to show her clients their photos (anyone can see it, but only that client can purchase it).

For example, Joe had photos done and my client puts them up available to be purchased. Mary can look at Joe's photos but cannot purchase them, only Joe can with the right password.

Is this possible? Did that make sense? I tried explaining it as best as I could. Please let me know right away.

Thanks!
Angela,

Usually you can password protect a folder using your hosting provider`s tools, for example hosting control panel. Do you have such option there?

Old 06-07-2010, 02:39 AM

I don't know if my host has that option, where would I find it...and is there not a way to password protect a category in the shopping cart?

If not, can there be multiple shopping carts on one site...for example, one cart that's available for the public but other carts that are only available to people who have the password?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Star Photography View Post
I don't know if my host has that option, where would I find it...and is there not a way to password protect a category in the shopping cart?

If not, can there be multiple shopping carts on one site...for example, one cart that's available for the public but other carts that are only available to people who have the password?
1. At the it isn't possible to password protect only one category.

2. Yes, you can add multiple carts to one site. Just add different Ecwid integration code to the pages. Then protect one page with a password.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.