The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:20 AM

making my items visible to search engines

i want to make my product images visible to search engines. is there anyways i can label my images so they will show up when words like 'flower crown' 'headwear' 'roses and clementines' are searched in google?
Im really disappointed when i search the name of my store, none of my ecwid product images show up on google images, i get the feeling that thats people can't find me.

can i add alternative text to label my images?

Last edited by roses and clementines; 07-26-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by roses and clementines View Post
i want to make my product images visible to search engines. is there anyways i can label my images so they will show up when words like 'flower crown' 'headwear' 'roses and clementines' are searched in google?
Im really disappointed when i search the name of my store, none of my ecwid product images show up on google images, i get the feeling that thats people can't find me.

can i add alternative text to label my images?
Hi,

Please refer to this article in our knowledge base for the information on how to get your store indexed by search engines: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853308/SEO

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 07-26-2013, 11:00 PM

Hi thanks for the reply.
I've already read this article. This confused me more. I want to add alternate text or meta tags to my pictures. But ecwid don't have this option. Could you please have a look at my store rosesandclementines.com and maybe advice the best solution for me. I need my pictures to be noticeable from google
Thanks

Please can someone help me

i need to get my product images from ecwid to show when you search google. when i type the name of my store, absolutely nothing comes up. ive already read the help ecwid provided me which tells you how to make your images more visible to search engines but this was no help at all, in fact it confused me more.

my webpage was made with 1&1, can anyone look at my store and advise the best thing for me
rosesandclementines.com

i need when 'roses and clementines' 'flower headbands 'headwear' and other tags like that associated when my images.

is there anyways i can add tags or labels to my ecwid images, i not good with the technical side and phases that are used so reading this http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853308/SEO is no good to me.
other wise i am very disappointed in ecwid and that there isn't a service to make your images searchable.

thanks

Last edited by Makfruit; 07-29-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by roses and clementines View Post
Hi thanks for the reply.
I've already read this article. This confused me more. I want to add alternate text or meta tags to my pictures. But ecwid don't have this option. Could you please have a look at my store rosesandclementines.com and maybe advice the best solution for me. I need my pictures to be noticeable from google
Thanks

Please can someone help me

i need to get my product images from ecwid to show when you search google. when i type the name of my store, absolutely nothing comes up. ive already read the help ecwid provided me which tells you how to make your images more visible to search engines but this was no help at all, in fact it confused me more.

my webpage was made with 1&1, can anyone look at my store and advise the best thing for me
rosesandclementines.com

i need when 'roses and clementines' 'flower headbands 'headwear' and other tags like that associated when my images.

is there anyways i can add tags or labels to my ecwid images, i not good with the technical side and phases that are used so reading this http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853308/SEO is no good to me.
other wise i am very disappointed in ecwid and that there isn't a service to make your images searchable.

thanks
Hello,

Let me please explain it in more details.

In order to get any content from your site displayed on Google, you need to get that content indexed by Google. Be it product pages at whole or just product images, Google needs to know about them in order to show them in the search results.

Now, Ecwid is an AJAX application, it means that products, categories and all the other content of your store is delivered to a visitor dynamically using JavaScript. This makes Ecwid so fast and easy-to-install. However, search engines like Google cannot properly index JavaScript content, that's why many present-days rich AJAX applications cannot be indexed without help from a web site programmer/administrator. The same is true for Ecwid: there are several available approaches to make your store indexed and all of them implies some extra module on your site.

In case of our Wordpress and Joomla plugin, those SEO modules are built-in features and a store owner doesn't have to do anything to make it work. In case of another platforms or custom-build websites, a website owner needs to add a custom module themselves, which is explained in our knowledge base:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853308/SEO

In our ready plugins for Wordpress and Joomla, as well as in the PHP module for any site provided in our knowledge base, the meta tags are automatically set for product pages and for product images so Google can index them and list them in the search results and in the images search results with appropriate tags.

So, the most important thing is to make your store indexed - that will make the product images searchable too.

Since, you don't use Wordpress or Joomla, you have the following options:
1) Create a custom Google AJAX indexing module on your site as explained in this article:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/62638683/...0Ecwid%20store
This will require some programming skills and time so I'd recommend hiring a programmer for this task. You will also need to make sure that your sitebuilder allows adding custom PHP scripts.

2) Use the alternative way to get your products indexed:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853308/...mystoreindexed

3) Opt for other approaches besides SEO to attract traffic to your site:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853308/...tractcustomers

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 03-03-2014, 07:52 AM

I also have a 1&1 website and I don't think that I am able to alter code within the site but just change the contect so I don't think the solutions offered would be suitable.

Does anybody have experience of SEO optimization for 1&1 or would you suggest leaving and going to Wordpress? Obviously this would be time consuming at the beginning but could be beneficial in the long term.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My site is www.pugliashoponline.com

Thanks

Vincent
Old 11-12-2015, 03:36 PM

It bemuses me why you bring a product to market knowing that 90% of searches are dependent on meta tags to guide them to the customer.
For instance I have a product called "Body Wrap" now you are saying that to optimize this title I have to give the product name an extension, like "Body wrap - Back pain - Stress relief" this now makes my product name long winded and confusing to customers.
And for the meta description I have to rely on google to select snippets that it feels are right, the finished description is then a dogs breakfast of words that have no real meaning to the visitor.
Why can't you simply give us access to the back end code where we can create our own meaningful tags, as on occasions it defaults to the index.php description, this also causes problems with google (duplicate descriptions) as this description is used many times on different products
I have always been used to having my products have their own set of meta tags.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.