The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:54 AM

Hello!

My client who has an e-store in Ecwid is planning to expand his business to other countries. Each country should have a different set of categories and products. I have built them a custom storefront which can be accessed here: http://www.mileedi.ee. It uses Ecwid's API to sync the given category products to our database and uses Ecwid's shopping cart object to build the content of the shopping cart. Finally it posts order data back to Ecwid.

Our plan is to set up independent sites with different domains for each country and use the same Ecwid's account to separate each country to different main categories in Ecwid's admin environment. That way each of our custom storefronts can sync the subcategories and its products from its main category.

While plannig this we had a question about Ecwid's support for multilingual stores. Our storefront can easily be translated into other languages and each main category items can have their names and descriptions in their native langauges. I would like to know if we can we set up the order notifications, invoices, etc. in different languages and send the right version based on the main category (or what other solutions we might have to accomplish it)?

What other possible problems could there be?

Thanks!

Have you had any time to check my question?

Thanks!

Last edited by Daria L.; 04-07-2016 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mileedi e-pood View Post
Hello!

My client who has an e-store in Ecwid is planning to expand his business to other countries. Each country should have a different set of categories and products. I have built them a custom storefront which can be accessed here: http://www.mileedi.ee. It uses Ecwid's API to sync the given category products to our database and uses Ecwid's shopping cart object to build the content of the shopping cart. Finally it posts order data back to Ecwid.

Our plan is to set up independent sites with different domains for each country and use the same Ecwid's account to separate each country to different main categories in Ecwid's admin environment. That way each of our custom storefronts can sync the subcategories and its products from its main category.

While plannig this we had a question about Ecwid's support for multilingual stores. Our storefront can easily be translated into other languages and each main category items can have their names and descriptions in their native langauges. I would like to know if we can we set up the order notifications, invoices, etc. in different languages and send the right version based on the main category (or what other solutions we might have to accomplish it)?

What other possible problems could there be?

Thanks!

Have you had any time to check my question?

Thanks!
Hello!

I'm terribly sorry for such a long delay with the reply.

Let me, please, explain, Ecwid storefront itself is available is 45 languages and the language for showing the storefront is automatically selected basing on the settings in the visitor's browser and the languages enabled in your Ecwid Control Panel. Please refer here for details: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/portal/articles/1673139

The language of the email notifications that your customers receive after a purchase is based on the language that your customer sees in the storefront. Currently, in Ecwid mail notification templates are translated to: English, Russian, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch. In case there is no mail notification translation to the particular language yet, the notification templates will be translated to English by default. Please, refer to this article for the detailed info: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/en/p...ns#translation Unfortunately it is not possible to send the notifications in different languages depending on a particular category in the store, sorry. The only way in this case is to create separate Ecwid accounts for each website.

By the way, I've noticed that you use our Premium subscription. We have the email support service that is available for your plan. The email icon is shown in the Ecwid control panel in the right upper corner, so you may also contact us via email.

Please, let me know should you have further questions. Thank you!
Ecwid Knowlegde Base

Last edited by Daria L.; 04-07-2016 at 02:09 PM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.