The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:21 PM

Redirect at Checkout

Couldnt find a thing about this - anywhere.

Here is what I'd like to do:
When a customer goes through "Checkout" it just drops the client on a pre-checkout page after they complete their payment. Because of this the customer is confused as to where to access their digital content. I spend some time explaining to customers where to find - even though I have it in big text on the "Checkout" page for each purchase method page.

After order is completed - I want to redirect to the "Your Account/Orders page.

This way the customer is shown their product and have access to it as soon as they have completed their purchase. They do not need to "be familiar" or know where to find their items - its shown to them.

Can you provide some code for this? It would make the Customer Service end SO much better and a lot less aggravation for my clients.

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Last edited by Dwayne Julin; 01-21-2016 at 10:24 PM. Reason: mispelling and several omitted words for clarity
Old 01-22-2016, 03:59 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne Julin View Post
Couldnt find a thing about this - anywhere.

Here is what I'd like to do:
When a customer goes through "Checkout" it just drops the client on a pre-checkout page after they complete their payment. Because of this the customer is confused as to where to access their digital content. I spend some time explaining to customers where to find - even though I have it in big text on the "Checkout" page for each purchase method page.

After order is completed - I want to redirect to the "Your Account/Orders page.

This way the customer is shown their product and have access to it as soon as they have completed their purchase. They do not need to "be familiar" or know where to find their items - its shown to them.

Can you provide some code for this? It would make the Customer Service end SO much better and a lot less aggravation for my clients.

Thanks for any help you may provide.
Hi,

Thank you for the explanation.

You can redirect your customers after placing an order with the help of a custom script. You can see the example of such code here https://www.ecwid.com/forums/showpos...83&postcount=4

Please note that the script cannot be applied to a Starter site. It should be added to the source code of the website where you add your Ecwid store. See where you can add Ecwid in this article https://help.ecwid.com/customer/portal/articles/1431871

Write back if you get any other questions. Thanks.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
checkout, link, payment, redirect, your account