The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-28-2014, 05:14 PM

Notifications to Mailchimp

I've tried to set up a notification to Mailchimp using the guidlines provided and it's not working. I'm quite perplexed as to why I had to set this up in System Settings and not within the particular product. Surely, if it were actually working, that would mean that ALL purchases would be added to the Mailchimp list and subsequently receive a product they didn't purchase.
Does anyone know the solution to this?

http://www.thehappinessbusiness.com/resources-2/shop/
Old 08-29-2014, 01:24 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda Carroll View Post
I've tried to set up a notification to Mailchimp using the guidlines provided and it's not working. I'm quite perplexed as to why I had to set this up in System Settings and not within the particular product. Surely, if it were actually working, that would mean that ALL purchases would be added to the Mailchimp list and subsequently receive a product they didn't purchase.
Does anyone know the solution to this?

http://www.thehappinessbusiness.com/resources-2/shop/
Hello,

You have contacted us via email, we have replied to you there. Please, check your inbox.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:27 PM

Hi, I am investigating using the Instant Order Notifications and Mailchimp to send custom HTML emails for order confirmation. I would like to know if anyone has been successful in doing this?
Thank you in advance..
Old 09-16-2014, 04:01 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn Victoria View Post
Hi, I am investigating using the Instant Order Notifications and Mailchimp to send custom HTML emails for order confirmation. I would like to know if anyone has been successful in doing this?
Thank you in advance..
Hello,

as far as I can get, you need to send out HTML e-mail notifications to your customers, instead of Ecwid default plain text e-mails. This can be achieved with the help of programming a custom script, that will respond to the calls in the Instant Order Notifications API Message format, request your order information via Ecwid Order API, generate a notification and send out a letter to your customer. The script should be placed on a web-server and the URL of that script will be your ION endpoint, that you need to input in your Ecwid control panel. This requires certain programming skills.

As for Mailchimp, it is an e-mail marketing service provider that enables you to send out newsletters, best offers, information on sales and discounts, etc to a large number of recipients simultaneously. I think it may not be the right tool to handle the order notifications dispatching.

In Mailchimp you can create a mailing list manually, taking your customers’ e-mails from Control Panel. You can also import e-mails to Mailchimp in a CSV file. Please, refer to this article, in case you need more details on this http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...68-newsletters.

Finally, you can integrate your Ecwid store with Mailchimp and make the process of adding new e-mails to your mailing list automatic. In case you’re interested, you can find more details here https://www.ecwid.com/apps/customize...ailchimp-smart.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Last edited by Rick G; 09-21-2017 at 12:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ginger For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (09-17-2014)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
instant notifications, mailchimp