The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:52 PM

Change main category name from "Store"

I have done a lot of modification to my site using the tips provided in this support section but one i cannot figure out is how to Change the default store name on my site. I am referring to the "Category: Store" that shows on the main page of the storefront breadcrumbs.

The store name i setup in the ecwid store profile is "Products". That is what i want to show on the main page breadcrumbs (ex: Category: Products > Chargers).

Can anybody help out?

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoffco For This Useful Post:
Mundo Paralelo (08-22-2015)
Old 06-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffco View Post
I have done a lot of modification to my site using the tips provided in this support section but one i cannot figure out is how to Change the default store name on my site. I am referring to the "Category: Store" that shows on the main page of the storefront breadcrumbs.

The store name i setup in the ecwid store profile is "Products". That is what i want to show on the main page breadcrumbs (ex: Category: Products > Chargers).

Can anybody help out?

Thanks
Hi,

First please refer to this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/How-to-alter-your-breadcrumbs

If any question appears, feel free to ask.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Qetzal For This Useful Post:
Seamus Berkeley Fine Art (06-07-2016), Thailand Amulets (11-30-2012)
Old 06-16-2010, 11:13 PM

Where is the ""CategoryPathPanel.store" language label." and how do i edit it?
Old 06-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffco View Post
Where is the ""CategoryPathPanel.store" language label." and how do i edit it?
Please refer to this article: http://kb.ecwid.com/How-do-I-change-...-in-storefront

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 06-17-2010, 03:55 PM

Thumbs up

Awesome it worked perfectly, just had to read it more closely. Thanks!
Old 06-05-2011, 11:05 PM

I've followed all the directions in order to change my labels using the awesome Generator tool but the js code is not loading. Can someone please have a look at my site and see what's going on. Thanks!
http://bit.ly/j8TeHB
Old 06-06-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi7 EVENTS View Post
I've followed all the directions in order to change my labels using the awesome Generator tool but the js code is not loading. Can someone please have a look at my site and see what's going on. Thanks!
http://bit.ly/j8TeHB
I have inspected your shopping page. There is no custom translation code on your site at all.

You should add the scripts that the translation tool makes for you into your page where you have Ecwid - this is how custom translation in Ecwid is supposed to work.

However, if you already tried adding translation script into your Joomla page, your script may be stripped by Joomla, that's why it is not on the resulting page. See this thread for details http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5557
Old 06-06-2011, 12:38 PM

I'm not sure what you mean as the link to the file: ecwid_labels_7x_eng.js is showing in the header section. It just doesn't appear to be overriding the Ecwid code.

Last edited by Mi7 EVENTS; 06-06-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi7 EVENTS View Post
I'm not sure what you mean as the link to the file: ecwid_labels_7x_eng.js is showing in the header section. It just doesn't appear to be overriding the Ecwid code.
Thank you for information, I haven't noticed that script.

Yes, indeed, your site has that script linked from <head> tag. However, when you keep a script in a separate *.js file, it is supposed to contain only the JavaScript syntax and not the HTML markup. But http://www.mi7events.com/media/syste...bels_7x_eng.js file begins with <script> and ends with </script>, which is HTML markup. This makes your script syntactically invalid from its first line, and as result it doesn't run at all. That's why your custom translation is not working.

To overcome this you need to delete <script> and </script> lines from that file. This will make that file a valid JavaScript source and it will work, applying your custom translation to Ecwid.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:05 PM

Ahh, such a simple issue, thank you! Everything appears to be working correctly now!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
main page, store, storefront