The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:43 AM

How to get customer orders through other than email

Hi all,

I will be setting up a store for my page so customers can put in an order online for take-away, and can come pick it up in 10-15 minutes (Cafe).

I'm new to Ecwid and the whole online store setup, and I note that an email is sent once an order is placed.

Now this would mean manually checking the emails inbox for order every minute in case someone places an order, which is not really an attractive option. Does Ecwid allow any other form of sending the order in another way? To connect it up to some sort of system?

Any help would be most appreciated. Many thanks! I just want a way to see people's orders as soon as they place them so we can cook it asap.

Thank you!
Old 04-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devesh Kumar1 View Post
Hi all,

I will be setting up a store for my page so customers can put in an order online for take-away, and can come pick it up in 10-15 minutes (Cafe).

I'm new to Ecwid and the whole online store setup, and I note that an email is sent once an order is placed.

Now this would mean manually checking the emails inbox for order every minute in case someone places an order, which is not really an attractive option. Does Ecwid allow any other form of sending the order in another way? To connect it up to some sort of system?

Any help would be most appreciated. Many thanks! I just want a way to see people's orders as soon as they place them so we can cook it asap.

Thank you!
Hello,

Thank you for your question!

Ecwid is made to notify you about the orders promptly as the order is placed. The New Order notifications are sent to your email in less than a second after the customer completes the order.

I see that you are experiencing issues with manually checking the inbox for new mail every minute. However, it is not really necessary. Most of the popular mailbox services like Google provide a solution of installing an app for iOS, for example, so that when new mail arrives, you get the instant notification. In this case all you need to do is:

1. Link your Ecwid store notifications to your Google inbox in the Ecwid Control Panel -> System Settings -> Mail here:

2. Install the GMail app to your smartphone or tablet:

For Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.gm&hl=en
For iOS - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gmai...422689480?mt=8

3. Set up the notifications in a way to beep loudly.

After doing so you will be able to get the notifications promptly and preparing the order for your customers right from the moment when the order is placed.

Moreover, there’s always a way to make even your own application which would get the data from Ecwid when the order is placed and send it to you in a way you personally prefer (SMS or whatnot). In this case you need to use Ecwid API in order to make you app get the necessary data. Of course, you may want to hire a developer for that if you are not savvy in coding - I’m sure that it would be not a difficult task for a skilled one.

Also you may try using Ecwid App for iOS to manage your store and see if it suits you better than a mailbox. It uses Ecwid API just as well and gets all the info on the orders placed. However, you should keep in mind that it’s only available with paid Ecwid plans starting with Venture.

Hope, this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.