The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:44 PM

Getting paid from store

Hello, I had set up my store and added it to my website. I did not realize it was still in "test mode" at the time when two customers had placed orders. I have shipped them already. I noticed the past two days I haven't gotten an email from my authorize.net account saying the credit cards had been settled, so that's when I did some research to find my store was still in test mode. Is there a way since I have the receipts from the customers saying they paid to have the cards actually charged? Thanks in advance for a quick response!
Old 04-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi Michele,

Ecwid itself and, in particular, your Ecwid account doesn't deal with your customers' money: Ecwid doesn't collect, held or process your money in any way. Ecwid serves as a transmitter in your transactions: it collects your customer's information, saves it for you to be able to see your customers and sales later, and passes it to your payment gateway that specialize in processing credit cards and provide security level required for storing and manipulating with such sensitive data.

Ecwid allows inspecting the order details and customer info, but there is no control in Ecwid for re-authorizing or re-submitting customer transactions. In order to find out whether it is possible, please contact Authorise.Net support - probably, it is possible to re-authorize the test transaction on their side or maybe you will be able to create an invoice based on the test transaction and send it to your customer directly.

If you have any other questions, please, feel free to ask.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
getting paid, test mode