The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:56 PM

Problems with category after editing products

Last few days, IIRC after last ecwid update I have issue with coming back to chosen category in ecwid administration, it is litlle dificult to explain but I will try.
So for example I choose category , let say: fruit and editing products in fruit category, after I finish editing fruit , click save and wont to get back to editing or ad another products in fruit category, instead returning back to fruit category I get returned to root where are all products, then I need to choose again fruit category, editing another products, click save and then get back to root instead to fruti category. It is very anoying and time consuming, basicaly after each products editing or ading products I get returned to root and need to choose every time category I wont.

That was not hapening in the past, in the past when i finish ading products or editin I get returned to category when I made those changes, not to root.

Is that some kind of issue with my shop? Is pretty anoying and time consuming when I have loots of products to edit or ad.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:37 PM

No reply or help or at least clarification of this issue for 6 days?
Old 07-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance Reef View Post
Last few days, IIRC after last ecwid update I have issue with coming back to chosen category in ecwid administration, it is litlle dificult to explain but I will try.
So for example I choose category , let say: fruit and editing products in fruit category, after I finish editing fruit , click save and wont to get back to editing or ad another products in fruit category, instead returning back to fruit category I get returned to root where are all products, then I need to choose again fruit category, editing another products, click save and then get back to root instead to fruti category. It is very anoying and time consuming, basicaly after each products editing or ading products I get returned to root and need to choose every time category I wont.

That was not hapening in the past, in the past when i finish ading products or editin I get returned to category when I made those changes, not to root.

Is that some kind of issue with my shop? Is pretty anoying and time consuming when I have loots of products to edit or ad.
Hello,

Sorry for a long reply.

Thank you for detailed explanation. I have just tried to reproduce this issue but it works as usual for me.

Here are my steps:

1. I go to Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Categories > Fruits > Category Products tab
2. Click on some product and I’m redirected to product page.
3. Make some changes and click on “save” button.
4. Click on “Back” button in my browser and I’m redirected to Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Categories > Fruits > Category Products tab where I can select another product in this category.

Can you confirm if the problem still exists?
Old 07-24-2014, 01:33 PM

Hello Sergey
Thank you for reply and help.
Yes there is still issue I reported in first post.
There is no matter if I choose save and close or save and use back button, always redirected back to root, not to specific category. For second it look like I will be redirected back to choosen category but then administration start to refresh and open root category.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hello Sergey
Thank you for reply and help.
Yes there is still issue I reported in first post.
There is no matter if I choose save and close or save and use back button, always redirected back to root, not to specific category. For second it look like I will be redirected back to choosen category but then administration start to refresh and open root category.
Hello,

Thank you for the report.

We are very sorry you have faced with issue in your Ecwid Control Panel.

Unfortunately, we was not able to reproduce this strange behaviour on our side. Could you please provide me with some more details?

- Can you reproduce the issue in all your browsers or just in few of them?
- What browsers versions, operating system and device do you use?
- Are there any installed plugins or extensions in your browsers? Could you please disable them and test it again?

Looking forward for your reply.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:46 PM

Hello Sergey, here is similar thread http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...910#post114910
I dont think that is browser issue, dont realy understend how my browser can have impact on ecwid administration to get back to root category.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hello Sergey, here is similar thread http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...910#post114910
I dont think that is browser issue, dont realy understend how my browser can have impact on ecwid administration to get back to root category.
Hello,

Thank you for your update.

I agree. This is not a browser issue. Our engineers are working on the solution in this very moment. It will be fixed as soon as possible. I will keep you informed.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.