The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:43 AM

Hi,

(For your info: I'm a paid member so the Java API should be activated.
And this is one of the example page where I have a problem with:
http://site441745.44.webydo.com/Page4-2.html )

I have been making my site through Webydo and have implemented different categories into different pages of my site through the html widget they have provided. Now the question is, I would like to add a code that hide/removes prices and add to bag button for specific categories of products in the product detailed page.

Could anybody please provide the instructions for achieving the above?

I have also tried the code on this thread: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736&page=1
but nothing seemed to work, maybe I'm doing it wrong. I have placed the code suggested by Eugene on page 2 onto the exact html code widget I used to set up the categories page, not sure if this is the way it should be.

Please kindly provide me some instructions as to how I should be doing it.
Thanks !

Can anybody help please.

Does anybody have a solution?

Last edited by Viktor D.; 07-31-2014 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:56 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Ngai View Post
Hi,

(For your info: I'm a paid member so the Java API should be activated.
And this is one of the example page where I have a problem with:
http://site441745.44.webydo.com/Page4-2.html )

I have been making my site through Webydo and have implemented different categories into different pages of my site through the html widget they have provided. Now the question is, I would like to add a code that hide/removes prices and add to bag button for specific categories of products in the product detailed page.

Could anybody please provide the instructions for achieving the above?

I have also tried the code on this thread: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736&page=1
but nothing seemed to work, maybe I'm doing it wrong. I have placed the code suggested by Eugene on page 2 onto the exact html code widget I used to set up the categories page, not sure if this is the way it should be.

Please kindly provide me some instructions as to how I should be doing it.
Thanks !

Can anybody help please.

Does anybody have a solution?
Hello Nathan.

Big thanks for the link you provided from another thread. In order to hide the price tag and add to cart button for a specific product please follow these instructions:
First, you need to get the product IDs of the products that you want to hide price tag and add to cart button. In order to do that, go to Ecwid control panel > Catalog > Select the desired product > Embed product > Find the product id in the code. See the screenshot below for example:

‘38144130’ is the Product ID.
After that go to Ecwid control panel > System settings > Design > Custom CSS themes > new CSS theme > Add the following code for this product, that will hide price tag and add to cart.
Code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-7475292 .ecwid-productBrowser-price,
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-7475292 .ecwid-AddToBagButton
{
display: none;
}
As a result you will have a product page that looks like this:

I hope this helps. Have a nice day.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitaliy Golovin View Post
Hello Nathan.

Big thanks for the link you provided from another thread. In order to hide the price tag and add to cart button for a specific product please follow these instructions:...
Hi Vitaliy, I noticed this is one way to do it, however, would it be possible to hide a whole categories prices and "add to bag buttons" together without having to do it one by one for each products?

Last edited by Nathan Ngai; 08-06-2014 at 05:25 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hi Vitaliy, I noticed this is one way to do it, however, would it be possible to hide a whole categories prices and "add to bag buttons" together without having to do it one by one for each products?
Hello Nathan.

If I understand you correctly, you want to remove the Price and ‘Add to Bag’ button from all products in the specific category. I’m afraid you can remove them only by manually adding the CSS codes for each product.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Hello Nathan.

If I understand you correctly, you want to remove the Price and ‘Add to Bag’ button from all products in the specific category. I’m afraid you can remove them only by manually adding the CSS codes for each product.
Hi Vitaliy,

Yes I want to remove the price and add to bag button for a specific category, and I'm assuming there is a solution lying inside the thread that I brought up on my first post, I'm just not sure how to correctly execute it from the webydo's side and whether I have to make changes to those codes to fit my site. Could you please kindly have a look at the solutions that were provided in that thread for me?
Old 08-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hi Vitaliy,

Yes I want to remove the price and add to bag button for a specific category, and I'm assuming there is a solution lying inside the thread that I brought up on my first post, I'm just not sure how to correctly execute it from the webydo's side and whether I have to make changes to those codes to fit my site. Could you please kindly have a look at the solutions that were provided in that thread for me?
Hello Nathan.

The solutions in the thread you specified above are meant for the Ecwid users, who have built the website themselves, i.e. didn’t use site builders Webydo. The thing is, these solutions use the url of the page in the address bar to get the Category ID and make all necessary changes. However, in Webydo, as you’ve already noticed, there is no direct linking to a specific category or product, let me explain how this works:
when you visit your store page, the address bar says: http//example.com/store.html . After that you go to Product1 details page and the url is still the same so this script that you are trying to get to work doesn’t get the required Category ID to make the necessary changes.

So unfortunately you can only hide the prices and add to bag buttons of specific products manually using the method I gave you above.
N.N (08-08-2014)
Old 08-08-2014, 05:36 AM

Cool

Quote:
Hello Nathan.

The solutions in the thread you specified above are meant for the Ecwid users, who have built the website themselves, i.e. didn’t use site builders Webydo. The thing is, these solutions use the url of the page in the address bar to get the Category ID and make all necessary changes. However, in Webydo, as you’ve already noticed, there is no direct linking to a specific category or product, let me explain how this works:
when you visit your store page, the address bar says: http//example.com/store.html . After that you go to Product1 details page and the url is still the same so this script that you are trying to get to work doesn’t get the required Category ID to make the necessary changes.

So unfortunately you can only hide the prices and add to bag buttons of specific products manually using the method I gave you above.
Hello Vitaliy,

Thanks for explaining this very clearly, I guess I will have to proceed to adding them manually, I do hope in the future that there may be a solution or a build in function on ecwid to do this. Once again thank you for all your help!
Old 08-08-2014, 06:16 AM

Edit: figured the codes out by experimenting =]

Last edited by Nathan Ngai; 08-08-2014 at 06:44 AM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
hide add to bag, hide prices, remove add to bag, remove price