The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:03 AM

Help: Need one product option to be tax exempt, while rest of options taxable for same product.

Hello,

I would appreciate your help with the following. A product I sell has many options. There is one product option that NEEDS to be tax exempt.

Question:
Is there a way for a single product option to be tax exempt, while the rest of the options are taxable?

Thank you for your help!

Neil

PS. I understand a work around would be for me to create a new product page for this single option and charge no tax. However, I would prefer keeping all of the options on the same page for this product.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:00 AM

You could create one product (exempt from TAX) and add the price including VAT for the other options while you explain this in the product description
Old 12-12-2014, 09:35 PM

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I live in the state of New York, in the USA, and there are multiple tax rates I would need to consider adding, not just one.

It would be ideal to assign tax-exemption for a single product option, while the rest of the options are taxable.

Does anyone have a solution?
Old 12-17-2014, 09:55 AM
Axiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Hello,

I would appreciate your help with the following. A product I sell has many options. There is one product option that NEEDS to be tax exempt.

Question:
Is there a way for a single product option to be tax exempt, while the rest of the options are taxable?

Thank you for your help!

Neil

PS. I understand a work around would be for me to create a new product page for this single option and charge no tax. However, I would prefer keeping all of the options on the same page for this product.
Hello!

Thank you for your post!

If I understand you correctly you want to make an option for your product which is going to be without tax, right?

Unfortunately, there is no built-in feature to set non-tax options for products in Ecwid. You can give a vote for this idea from our Ideas Base, refer to this link: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...299-tax-exempt

There is a workaround which you may find suitable for your store - use Ecwid Product Variations feature. Briefly, Product Variation is a product with one or more selected options. A product can have it’s own price, weight, SKU, picture and etc.

You can create a product with a reduced price (you need to reduce the price on tax rate), so when the tax rate will be added to the price of product you will get a usual price, but with tax included.

E.g: product’s price is 10$, tax is 10%, the price with a product variation will be 9$, with applied tax it is going to be 10$.

In order to do this, select a product with needed options (‘Catalog’ page from your Control panel). Go to the product page -> 'Options' where you can create tax exempt option. Go to the Variations tab, create a variation with the 'tax exempt' option. Set the needed price to this variation. Thus, when taxes are applied to the product price, the cost of this option is still excluded tax rate.

I’ve made an example for you in my test store, check this screenshot - http://take.ms/4aoyN.

As you can see, usual price is 8.99. I’ve created a Variation with 7.99 price.

Thus, if tax is 10%, a tax rate (1$) will be added automatically to the price.

If I may be of any further assistance, please, let me know.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
product option, tax exempt