The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:12 PM

Importing Author Names with Books

I have hundreds of books to import into my ECwid store and am wondering if there is a way to have the Ecwid software importing the Author's name along with other information. Also I would like to know if the path in the images column can lead to a file on my pc or do I have to upload it to an online image service?

Thank You
Old 07-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

Quote:
I have hundreds of books to import into my ECwid store and am wondering if there is a way to have the Ecwid software importing the Author's name along with other information.
Author name (and other details for books) can be imported as:
a) a part of product description: Ecwid product description field supports HTML editor, so you can format the text and make Author line standing out/noticeable
b) an attribute: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/59879584/...d%20attributes

Quote:
Also I would like to know if the path in the images column can lead to a file on my pc or do I have to upload it to an online image service?
The images path has to be a direct link to the image on a server, so that Ecwid could connect there and download the image. Please, refer to this article for details:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/61320633/...ledtoimportWhy

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanna For This Useful Post:
Emmanuel Genard (07-04-2013)
Old 07-04-2013, 08:09 PM

Thank for the reply,

So if I understand you, in the CSV file I can add a column for "Author" and other attributes so that when I import it into Ecwid those fields are automatically added?

Thanks again.

Last edited by Emmanuel Genard; 07-04-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 07-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel Genard View Post
Thank for the reply,

So if I understand you, in the CSV file I can add a column for "Author" and other attributes so that when I import it into Ecwid those fields are automatically added?

Thanks again.
Hi,

At present Ecwid supports import of only two attributes: UPC and Brand, these columns need to be filled in CSV file for import. However, you can specify custom titles UPC and Brand and they will be shown differently in the store front:
in Ecwid control panel -> Catalog -> Product types, section "Global attributes", define any "Name for customers".
Thus you can specify, e.g., "Author" for Brand and ISBN for UPC

In your CSV file you can add columns for product SKU or Name, Brand, UPC. Column Brand will contain corresponding names of the book authors and UPC - ISBN. After the import, the products will display "Author [name]", "ISBN [number]".
Please, refer to this article for directions how to update separate product parameters via import: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/26373353/...productsinbulk

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanna For This Useful Post:
Emmanuel Genard (07-09-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 02:37 PM

Thank You!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
author, books, csv import, images, importing