The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:52 PM

Question

Product images not centered on phone

My horizontal product images will not center while using a phone. I will say that this is a new problem. I've troubleshooted this a bit over the last couple months to no avail? Please see the attached screenshot of the site on a phone screen. thx in advance for any help ~ Michael

www.mfwolik.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3008.PNG
Views:	190
Size:	680.8 KB
ID:	3820  
The Following User Says Thank You to mfwolik For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 03:16 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

I'm Edward from Ecwid Team.

I've inspected your store page and found a reason why it happens.

The thing is, this issue is reproduced on small screens only, e.g., iPhone 4 and 5. The product images are centered on iPhone 6 and above. The same applies to Android devices depending on the screen size.

The reason is that your images have different proportions, and thus they can not be adjusted properly on smaller screens with the current WordPress container where the store is added to.

What we can do here is to force a certain image size on small screens so that they will be centered. Please go to the Ecwid Control Panel → Configuration → Design → Edit theme → Paste the code below to the bottom of the field → Activate and Save

Code:
@media screen and (max-width: 350px) { 
td.ecwid-productBrowser-productsGrid-cell table img {
width: 170px !important;
height: 140px !important;
}
}

It should fix the problem you described.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:16 PM

Edward this works but many of the images get squished because of their very different proportions. Is there any way to alter the code to keep the images proportional when being forced to resize?

many thanks ~ Michael
The Following User Says Thank You to mfwolik For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 03:41 AM

Anybody? Edward? please help, this code works but many of the images get squished because of their very different proportions. Is there any way to alter the code to keep the images proportional when being forced to resize?

many thanks ~ Michael
Old 04-20-2018, 11:15 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfwolik View Post
Anybody? Edward? please help, this code works but many of the images get squished because of their very different proportions. Is there any way to alter the code to keep the images proportional when being forced to resize?

many thanks ~ Michael
Hello Michael,

This is Una from Ecwid Customer Care team. I’m sorry that you had to wait for a reply.

I opened your store on several mobile devices and couldn’t reproduce the issue — all images look fine and keep their proportions when being resized. Can you please send a couple of screenshots that illustrate the problem? We will be happy to help!

Thanks.

Best regards,
Una Q.
Ecwid Support Team

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
center, images, phone, screen